Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Money Making Site for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Your name: Ahmed Farooq
2. URL of site: http://www.buygamescheap.com
3. Age of site: 4 Months Old. We had been working on this site for a while as the domain itself was registered in July 2003.
4. Approximate monthly page views and/or unique visitor: Uniques per day = ~2250 / Page views = 6,000 - 7,000
5. How does site generate income? How much? The site is, what I believe, the best presented amazon.com affiliate. It generates about $10 a day. It made $351.17 last month, and has made $211.97 this month [until February 24]. <this is a little lower than it should be, read on down>
6. Who develops content and how much time does it require? No time :)
7. Reason for selling: Focusing on the webmaster market - extra game sites have got to go. Plus moving apartments :)
8. Will you help with the transition of the site to the new owner? Definitely - it will be no problem.
9. Does the site have an e-zine or newsletter? Number of subscribers? None
10. The asking price for the site: At least $3000.00

The site itself is a beauty and has some things not found anywhere else :). Let me break down some of our extras:
1. DMOZ listings. 63 of them in fact. Each one links to a review page. These pages do not have the 'buy now link' - once put it revenue should rise because of that.
2. Huge mod_rewrite. The .htaccess file itself is almost 39kb in size!
3. The design is flexible and purely built in CSS-P. XHTML transitional compliant. No more messy tables or legacy HTML
4. Massive 63,400 pages in google
5. Fully search engine optimized - breadcrumb navigation, directories, and proper structure <url is an example>
6. Low bandwidth - the site used 6.37 GB last month, of which googlebot itself was 972.72 MB [82,926 visits]. 3.82 GB this month, 31,040 from googlebot, 207 from inktomi/yahoo slurp

Some stats:
Daily traffic - please note that any sub 2000 uniques/day days were because of me server going down [my other sites combined on it get above 100k and the new one I am building just needs a gfx card now .. heh]
Search engine traffic

Lastly to add - once the site is sold, we will be destroying the copy of the mod_rewrite and so forth. Also willing to sign an agreement that stipulates we do not just go ahead and start up a copy :)

Any questions or comments, you are welcome to post them here, PM Me, or email me - [email protected]

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AhmedF,

I get connection errors on almost every internal pagelink on your homepage. What's up?

WebCat

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hrmm - it seems fine to me. It might take a while because its a feeder from amazon and sometimes they become slow.

PCplay

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am new to the amazon affiliate idea so bare with me. :)

Does your affiliate account come with Amazon?

WebCat said:
AhmedF,

I get connection errors on almost every internal pagelink on your homepage. What's up?

WebCat

Works for me.

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hehe no - you will need to signup for your own [and yes its free! ;)]

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So why was it lower this month? Read down but didn't see. I would think the sales should be going up.

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well we were down a bit more than normal for 3 days ... plus had someone buy something huge last month [an LCD heh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators