Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker Moniker - Bad customer service and no update to request after 2 months

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainMentor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello guys

I would like to share my experience with Moniker.

I sold an .es domain (registered with Godaddy) to a buyer early of mid Feb 2013 (and the transaction went smoothly). Godaddy customer service was superb and the transaction was complete about 2-3 weeks later.

Then I bought an .es domain from somebody on mid of Feb 2013 (registered with Moniker). Surprisingly Moniker customer service was very bad. This is the worst customer service ever. I said this based on:

1. The .es domain is still remain in the seller's account until today, 1st of April 2013. I kept receiving the emails from Moniker saying that the domain push failed (but the last time I received was March 20 though). Now it seems to me they just left and avoid my case. No more try to push the domain to my account despite several emails asking for some actions. I have already emailed them my identification ID, full name, address, etc on last February but up to now still no update.

2. All my emails I sent to mysupport@moniker.com and support@moniker.com receive no reply (related to the issue). The last reply was 10 days ago but that email was just a generic email saying that they understand my concern and will take an action (but no action though). I am sure if i sent an email once again, they will resent this same exact email. I think they just use an email template.

Guys, please avoid using Moniker when dealing with .es domain purchase. Moniker sucks.

Domain summit 2024

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly Moniker customer service was very bad. This is the worst customer service ever. Moniker sucks.

you can't fool me on april fool's day!
'surprisingly' lol
greensmilewinkgrin.gif

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AFAIK you can't push a .es domain.

You should check the whois for the domain you sold last February. The domain may have been pushed to another account, but still be in your name.
Then the buyer doesn't legally own the domain, and cannot move the domain without your assistance.

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will immediately research this. Could you please either send me a private message or email me with your account information so that I can find out what is going on with this domain?

Marti
martij@corp.moniker.com
martij@snapnames.com

Hello guys

I sold an .es domain (registered with Godaddy) to a buyer early of mid Feb 2013 (and the transaction went smoothly). Godaddy customer service was superb and the transaction was complete about 2-3 weeks later.

Then I bought an .es domain from somebody on mid of Feb 2013 (registered with Moniker). Surprisingly Moniker customer service was very bad. This is the worst customer service ever. I said this based on:

1. The .es domain is still remain in the seller's account until today, 1st of April 2013. I kept receiving the emails from Moniker saying that the domain push failed (but the last time I received was March 20 though). Now it seems to me they just left and avoid my case. No more try to push the domain to my account despite several emails asking for some actions. I have already emailed them my identification ID, full name, address, etc on last February but up to now still no update.

2. All my emails I sent to mysupport@moniker.com and support@moniker.com receive no reply (related to the issue). The last reply was 10 days ago but that email was just a generic email saying that they understand my concern and will take an action (but no action though). I am sure if i sent an email once again, they will resent this same exact email. I think they just use an email template.

Guys, please avoid using Moniker when dealing with .es domain purchase. Moniker sucks.

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We have located this domain and will immediately take action to have it pushed. We will update you through your account email in the next 2 hours.

Marti

Hello guys

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1st of all, REALLY ?? Go Daddy, as in the one in the Phoenix area with hot, hot Danica as its poster girl....? wow, you are one lucky guy.....either that or you're their biggest Platinum customer, I don't know how long it's been since I've experienced that. And nobody has referred to their support as superb in ages, congrats but do not expect this to be a trend !

........ Godaddy customer service was superb ..........

As Katherine said, you cannot "push" a .ES domain, I'm glad your problem was resolved w/Moniker, but unless things have changed recently, when there's an ownership change it is NIC.es which handles this and it's a long, arduous, intrusive process even if the domain is kept at the same registrar. It includes sending them (by scan) a copy of your passport or driver's license (US) to verify identity along w/completing a form that looks like a will. I kid you not, it really does. After Nic.es finally gives its blessing (and I mean that in the literal sense) then the owner's info is changed and the registrar simply gets the notice. I just refuse to buy a .ES these days no matter how cheap given the insanity of this.

Surprisingly, when all you want to do is move a .ES to another registrar then it's simpler but NIC.es is still the one who does it, they email you a form to sign and click on a link, etc and that's pretty much it. The new registrar then gets the approval. It's the exact opposite of a gTLD push vs registrar transfer where what may take long is the change of registrar, and a push within the same registrar is simple.

I have used Moniker for .ES and had no problems but I hand-regged the names and I simply renewed them or let them expire. As for prices, RedCoruña.es seems to be the #1 choice, much cheaper than Moniker, good support and their UI is OK. Security for a .ES name is the best on earth at ANY registrar given the madness of changing owners, all strings are pulled by NIC.es (Dealing w/Nic.es left me upset and tired, there are fire sales now for great .ES names since Spain is in trouble but I ignore them completely. Too bad, since the .ES extension was designed for Spain but many also see it as "español" and it looks so appropriate w/Spanish domains, also as your email address if you live in Latin America, etc)

................I bought an .es domain from somebody on mid of Feb 2013 (registered with Moniker)..........

1. The .es domain is still remain in the seller's account until today, 1st of April 2013. I kept receiving the emails from Moniker saying that the domain push failed .........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators