Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Moniker, easy transfer in / impossible transfer out

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have requested about 40 transfers out of Moniker and it takes forever to get them released.

I have had about 4 letters asking me to stay and so far nothing approved by Moniker.

I plan on transferring out another 1200 by next month, will see how that goes.

Moniker, fix this unpleasant experience.

-=DCG=-

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Care to share what they are doing to not let you transfer out? When did you make the transfer request? We just had a three day weekend so I am sure they should be doing catch up over the next day or so. I understand them asking for you to stay, but are they not releasing the names or what?

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
I have had about 4 letters asking me to stay

That's to be expected. :-D

Anyway, why not contact Monte (MonikerMan) to straighten this out?

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
I have requested about 40 transfers out of Moniker and it takes forever to get them released.

I have had about 4 letters asking me to stay and so far nothing approved by Moniker.

I plan on transferring out another 1200 by next month, will see how that goes.

Moniker, fix this unpleasant experience.

-=DCG=-
Are you saying that the "The Transfer Out Authorization Form " on Moniker's domain control panel doesn't unlock a domain ?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried to transfer some IN to Moniker yesterday and the losing registrar says my names have been transferred and they are floating in cyberspace right now. Wondering when Moniker is going to go pick them up so I can edit my nameservers on them.

I am now debating whether to transfer all mine over to Moniker. I hate waiting.

JFK

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some time ago, I also tried to transfer some domains out from Moniker. They delayed the process and when I questioned them, they wrote to ask me to stay. The letters were polite but I don't think it helps because once one has paid the receiving registrar to transfer the domains, you can't reverse the process, or you will have problems getting back the transfer fees. Moniker is a good registrar but I wish their renewal fees were cheaper!

Reaction score
Folks - the process takes 4 parties to work properly - the registrant, the loosing registrar, the gaining registrar, and the registry. All have to be working to get names in and get names out. In the case above, when you submit a domain to transfer out the domain through our system, the domain is unlocked for 10 days waiting for the call from the gaining registrar - this can take up to 7 days so we allow an extra 3 days for this. If the domains are not called, the domains will not go.

Regarding the domains coming in, once they are called for, the loosing registrar also has 5-7 days to move the domains over. There is a point where the domains leave the registrar and arrive at the gaining registrar but they look to be not there yet. If you check Internic.net and do a WhoIs look up, you will always see where they are.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom