Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker moniker escrow- one sided?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometime ago i was talking with a potential buyer about a possible domain trade. We even hadnt finalized the price and the mode of transfer. He then started moniker escrow for this domain name from his side(without my consent). I logged into my moniker account after few days just to realize that the domain was gone. I did a whois search for the name and later found out that the name was with moniker escrow.
How can they take the name out of my account when i had not agreed on the price/escrow method. I had to email moniker support few times to get the name back to my account.
Same thing happened before two weeks as well. This time I was brokering the domain and they simply took the name out of seller's account just because the buyer started the escrow for the domain. Doesnt the seller has to accept to the escrow before they take the domain out of the seller's account?
I hope to hear what Monte has to say to this.
Simon

Domain Summit 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you did not get email asking for your approval? Or it could be a glitch in the system as it is tough to believe the buyer can start the escrow and Moniker will move the name to escrow without sellers approval. Only the seller should be allowed to open escrow, IMO.

I am doing 2 Moniker escrows right now as a seller and there are approvals needed by both buyer and seller. In fact, the escrow agreements need to be signed and faxed back by both parties. The seller also needs to approve the push from his acct to the escrow acct (which I have done).

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this happened to me TWICE.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this happened to me TWICE.

This is the first I will use them to escrow a domain name sale. I haven't get any paper from them. Do you know if there is a website to check the status of the transaction? Just like escrow or sedo, when you login to your account. I will ask somebody in moniker as well.

em

www.hardworking.com

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Monte handles the escrows personally by emails.

He even sent me personal emails about it during the traffic conference from his hotel as late as midnight. What could be better than getting such incredible personal service from the top officer like that in this day of bad cust service and dealing clerks or the computer at other firms?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monte never sleeps. He's an android.

Yes, he must be an android :)

The several personal emails sent day and nights were at a time when he was incredibly busy during T R A F F I C and on 2 names which were not even included in the lists for sale there which were sold having nothing to do with the auctions and conference. 1 name was not even at Moniker but at GD so was more involved since it also involved a transfer.

Amazing personal service. Moniker is clearly the best registrar for all serious domainers.

MonikerChris

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The process for using our escrow service can be initiated either by the buyer or the seller by clicking on the link on our homepage. Monte is not an android, but he works harder than any of us, and has an untiring commitment to the domain name industry (Most here know that just by looking over his posts). We do contact both the buyer and the seller using the escrow service to ensure that everyone has agreed and is ready to proceed, and then verify this through signed documentation. NO escrow proceedings continue to final exchange until ALL the criteria have been fufilled. Hope this helps! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom