Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Moniker no more

• Thread starter Deleted member 4749
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 4749

Moniker no more for me.
If you want to sell me a domain, you'll have to get it out of Moniker first.
I'm sick and tired of their idiotic system that declines transfers even after you folow their transfer out procedure.

And don't even start telling me their registrar is the safest, if you transfer your domains to Moniker, some of them may end up in accounts other than yours. It happened recently with one domain that one guy got from me and when he transferred it to moniker it ended up in someone elses account.

Shame shame shame.

Domain Summit 2024

rdmedia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is the first time I've heard a bad story about them. Weren't they helpfull on the phone when it ended up in another account?

I do like the transfer policy though, it makes them the safest registrar around.

What registrar would you recommend nowadays then?

D

Deleted member 4749

I knew the guy in whose account the domain ended up and I asked him to push it to the guy who the domain belonged to and he did. He also told me that it happened to him too and more than once.

I'm not going to recommend you any registrar in this context.

Thanks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't have any domains with Moniker, however I had no problems moving domains out of them, after I sent the obligatory email and spoke on the phone.

Maybe you're blacklisted? :-D

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also have problems moving domains out of Moniker. The stupid system always blocks all transfer-out requests.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
FusionX said:
I also have problems moving domains out of Moniker. The stupid system always blocks all transfer-out requests.

If you're referring to the automated transfer system, the short answer is "yes".

1. Contact Moniker informing them of an upcoming transfer out.
2. As soon as you get their response, send out a transfer out email from the Admin email of that domain.
3. Get phone confirmation if required.
4. Initiate transfer from gaining registrar

Oh and be polite - it helps.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
actnow said:
I wonder if that causes problems for some people? :-D

Only if they cuss a lot and often :-D

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's certainly not the registrar for someone who does a large volume of sales. But I keep a few of my "main" domains that I never plan to sell or transfer, for the added security.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its a nice niche for Moniker...but I think FLe8's strategy is the correct one

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
blink, have you spoken to Monte about this ? He is an active member of this community as well. He has been very helpful couple of times when we needed their assistance with a few issues.

D

Deleted member 4749

Since when do I need to speak to someone trough this forum to get my transfer requests of my domains approved?
I did follow their rediculous transfer out policy and my transfer requests for my domains still get declined.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Blink said:
Since when do I need to speak to someone trough this forum to get my transfer requests of my domains approved?
I did follow their rediculous transfer out policy and my transfer requests for my domains still get declined.

Look at this way, Blink: contact Monte, he'll make sure your transfers do make
it out this time, then you'll never have to do anything anymore with them.

Sure it's an added convenience, and I'm saddened to read what happened to
you. But it's up to you, of course.

I'm also interested in hearing Monte's side on what you also mentioned about
the domain ending up in someone else's account.

Reaction score
Blink,

You can contact me any time. Also, the system works the best for people that do sell their domains as the push system is the safest and most secure in the industry. I am sorry you had problems with your transfer out. Everyone knows that emailing support@moniker from the admin contact first helps us verify that the request is real. We have now prevented more than 210 fraudulent transfer out requests and domain thefts and we do go through an extra 3 security steps to protect names under management. That is why most of the large valuable inventories are with us - ultsearch/marchex, nokta, must need, GNO, NHL, Lions Gate Films, Jupitermedia and many others in the forum.

In any case, just email me the domain your having issues with and I can help you. Creating an account for your new domain owner works the best then they can transfer out if they want but changing ownership at Moniker works best.

Let me know how I can help - [email protected]

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MonikerMan said:
Blink,
That is why most of the large valuable inventories are with us - ultsearch/marchex, nokta, must need, GNO, NHL, Lions Gate Films, Jupitermedia and many others in the forum.

Hey, you forgot to mention that Your Daddy's names are there too.

;)

Seriously, Moniker is the best in the business and they are always there to make good when the inevitable glitch happens.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really like Moniker because of the security.
Unfortunately, I really cant feasibly use them as my main registrar, even though I have a decent amount of domains, and a great prices.
The people are very helpful, either through email or phone.
The problem?
They do not accept foreign credit cards (even if issued by citibank from Europe)...
I hope they fix this issue soon. I have had trouble with this for 2 years.
Still, I like their security approach.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
Unfortunately, I really cant feasibly use them as my main registrar, even though I have a decent amount of domains, and a great prices.
The problem?
They do not accept foreign credit cards (even if issued by citibank from Europe)...

That's easy to fix. Mail them a check, and they will add registration credits to your account.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
The problem?

PM Sent.

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators