Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker Moniker Price Increase Is Major................. Bye Bye Moniker

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My renewal price for a .us domain went from $6.99 to $12.34 ...... without notice or remorse.
Sent trouble ticket - no response for 24 hours.
Called and stayed on hold for 15 minutes and was told that "yes, there has been a price increase". That's it. No other explanation. No remorse that I will be transferring my 225 .us names there to another registrar. Oh well. The Moniker that I once knew is apparently long gone.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pricing is not the most important, security and peace of mind first :)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their trump card has always been security, I had said here before the day they lost that no one would stay, and they've lost millions of domains in a couple of years. Prices have always been high there but I paid them because Fabulous rejected me when I first applied and no one else came close to security. Now other registrars have the double auth and other features. Privacy at Moniker never went below $4 for me no matter how much I asked or how big my account there was, and you need that as another security layer for your best domains. Their UI is horrible and every time there's an "upgrade" or "redesign" it actually gets WORSE. Only 1und1=null has a crazier interface, but both 1and1 and Sedo have websites that are just as horrible, I mean Sedo and Moniker are stuck in 1999 .....or even earlier. And support @ Moniker.....? please .....! So get out of there, and do it soon. Now there's Uniregistry also which has top security, if you can't get into Fabulous or their price tiers are too high, and privacy is free at both Uniregistry and Fabulous

ISPCircle

ISPCircle.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apart from security and price what are the other factors you consider before you choose your registrar? If you don't mind us asking, do you buy domains for self, customers or resell through resellers?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got a 50 cent increase on .com's in my account. so dumb they continue to stick it to their customers after everything they've put us through.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom