Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker Moniker Snapnames Escrow service.

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Be careful when buying domains that have been registered at Moniker as if someone does a charge-back from previously (when they bought on Snapnames), you lose the domains. Moniker will not take responsibility so it will be your loss!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Is the Moniker/SnapNames escrow different from the plain vanilla Moniker escrow? It'd be interesting to review the terms and conditions. Technically, no escrow service should put in harm's way assets that were disbursed, after the agreed upon time frame has passed.

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they are different as Moniker escrow is more thorough than purchases on Snapnames. My point is that Snapnames should have secured funds before releasing the domains to the person that ended up selling to me. Whenever I sell a domain and the buyer does a charge-back I can't just take the domain back. Moniker/Snapnames treat your customers with some respect and take responsibility, I just want to see that you value your loyal customers, apparently you do not. A little effort on your (Moniker/Snapnames) part would go a long way!

Is the Moniker/SnapNames escrow different from the plain vanilla Moniker escrow? It'd be interesting to review the terms and conditions. Technically, no escrow service should put in harm's way assets that were disbursed, after the agreed upon time frame has passed.

Last edited:

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update: Moniker clearly said they would not make things right. My suggestion is to avoid them like the plague. Don't give money to a business that doesn't treat their (loyal) customers with respect.

Last edited:

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Next time I sell on Snap Names I'll make sure the domain is not with Moniker.- Should make things simpler but it does not, makes them worse.-

As for purchasing domains on sn I've tried to avoid that after seeing so many angry threads right here on dnf about both companies.-
Can't moniker/sn learn their lesson?

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think they are different as Moniker escrow is more thorough than purchases on Snapnames. My point is that Snapnames should have secured funds before releasing the domains to the person that ended up selling to me. Whenever I sell a domain and the buyer does a charge-back I can't just take the domain back. Moniker/Snapnames treat your customers with some respect and take responsibility, I just want to see that you value your loyal customers, apparently you do not. A little effort on your (Moniker/Snapnames) part would go a long way!
If Moniker releases domains to buyers without funds having cleared then Moniker/sn should respond to that right here.- That's reason never to use Snap Names again if so.- Sell a domain and if buyer does a charge back he still gets to keep the domain? That is crazy.
Buyer must never be allowed to keep the domain- if he does that's a stolen domain with Snap's approval.- For sure sn should never allow a thief to list that domain on their own auctions- that should not even be up for discussion .

Other domain you say they took from you- how exactly did they take it? your post#6

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought using escrow.com, but the original buyer from Snapnames did a chargeback months later and Moniker took the domains from my account. I showed Moniker proof of purchase as Moniker requested. Now one of the domains is being auctioned by Snapnames (by Moniker, not a new owner). I just think they should have given the domain back to me or at the very least offer it to me to purchase.

If Moniker releases domains to buyers without funds having cleared then Moniker/sn should respond to that right here.- That's reason never to use Snap Names again if so.- Sell a domain and if buyer does a charge back he still gets to keep the domain? That is crazy.
Buyer must never be allowed to keep the domain- if he does that's a stolen domain with Snap's approval.- For sure sn should never allow a thief to list that domain on their own auctions- that should not even be up for discussion .

Other domain you say they took from you- how exactly did they take it? your post#6

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom