• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Monitor website updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prose

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2004
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
Anyone know of a free site/program/service that lets you know when a website updates?

The website is currently a blank index page. I want to know when it is developed.

Dan.
 
you can create a PHP script that checks the index for changes and make it run every X days via cron...pretty easy, actually;-)
 
IT Web Team: can you further explain how easy it would be? :P
I have quite a few sites I need to monitor in house.
 
Thanks, I do know my way around PHP so I should be able to figure it out.

I have a list of about 600 sites I need to monitor for updates. But it might be very difficult to do so since many are forums or parked pages which update small content everyday.

Are you thinking I download the index to a file or database entry then check to see if they are the same with a compare or md5sum? or does curl check the filesize of a page when loading?

-Dan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom