Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Multiple Sites - ProxyLists.us,Distro.in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott.Mc

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ProxyLists.us

Description:
Daily Proxy Lists, this is a fully automated website. Requires no maintenance from you, it runs from a cronjob each night to fully update the proxy lists. It currently fetches from lots of sources and verifys each proxy before adding it to the list.

It runs from a mix of bash scripts and php. Since it verifys each proxy on the fly, alot more users will use you over and over because you have no "dead" proxys on your website.

This is a great potential website if you post on proxyforums. I will provide a list of forums with username and passwords for you to post. I have posted about 4 times at the most. If you post a new list each day it will tripple the traffic, if you see the stats you will see how good they are from only 4 posts.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/p/proxy_server.html

A server that sits between a client application, such as a Web browser, and a real server. It intercepts all requests to the real server to see if it can fulfill the requests itself. If not, it forwards the request to the real server.
Proxy servers have two main purposes:

Improve Performance: Proxy servers can dramatically improve performance for groups of users. This is because it saves the results of all requests for a certain amount of time. Consider the case where both user X and user Y access the World Wide Web through a proxy server. First user X requests a certain Web page, which we'll call Page 1. Sometime later, user Y requests the same page. Instead of forwarding the request to the Web server where Page 1 resides, which can be a time-consuming operation, the proxy server simply returns the Page 1 that it already fetched for user X. Since the proxy server is often on the same network as the user, this is a much faster operation. Real proxy servers support hundreds or thousands of users. The major online services such as Compuserve and America Online, for example, employ an array of proxy servers.
Filter Requests: Proxy servers can also be used to filter requests. For example, a company might use a proxy server to prevent its employees from accessing a specific set of Web sites.
See the Server Types page in the quick reference section of Webopedia for a comparison of server types

Traffic:

2000+ Uniques a month.
250+ Unqiues a day.

01 Aug 2005 343 798 3292 310.45 MB
02 Aug 2005 272 618 3046 423.23 MB
03 Aug 2005 256 583 2779 458.78 MB
04 Aug 2005 264 594 2481 584.25 MB
05 Aug 2005 274 631 2571 598.86 MB
06 Aug 2005 282 618 2623 748.20 MB
07 Aug 2005 293 607 2406 852.16 MB
08 Aug 2005 267 469 1324 767.94 MB

Screenshot: Here

Revenue:
Around $1/day
$30/month.

So far this month - ScreenShot

Additonal:

Banner:

Includes BOTH PSDs!

Starting bid: $150

-----------

Pirated.biz

Description:

This is a Archive of known copyright cases. I added the ones that are currently there and will submit the ones I have waiting to be confirmed. It is very low-maintenance once you add some more cases, most will be submitted too you.

Its still very new, if you refresh the index you will see random cases. Again like all other sites it was coded by me and full rights go to the new owner.

This will make alot of money if advertised because of the idea.

Admin Area ScreenShots
Main Admin Area
Add Case
View Unconfirmed

Screenshots are in low quality.

Traffic:
Nothing to gloat about. Has not been advertised.

Aug 2005 60 78 624 4507 23.68 MB

Has had 60 uniques so far this month.

Revenue:

Again because of the low traffic it does not make much, a few bucks from adsense but with a bit of traffic it will generate good money.

Domain:

This is an excellent domain name. Easily worth $xxx

Additonal:

Banner:

Includes BOTH PSDs!

Starting bid:

$60

---------------

Distro.in

Description:

A List of Linux Distros. Very simple but effective layout. Already has ALL major linux distros listed. Great potential with a bit of traffic. Each Distro has a link to mirrors to download them directly from Distro.in - This requires no bandwidth from your server but people will use your site to get the OS.

Should not be hard to get traffic by using the distro forums. It is driven by php and mySQL. Making it easy to add new distros.

No linux knowledge is required to operate the website as it is just information and links to the distros that are realeased. With the correct traffic you will be able to turn this site into a great success.

Traffic:

Pretty much non existant, nobody knows it exists but me, and now you. I spent a week adding the current distros and creating mirror lists.

Domain:
This is an excellent domain name. Easily worth $xxx. One word, very easy to get listed in search engines. Also memorable.

Starting bid:

$50

-----------

EmailMaker.net

Description:

This is like the other services except it has tons more providers which makes it unique from the rest.

Requires no usage from you, just promotion. Comes with the banner listed below. This uses php GD to generate the images making the emails unreadable by spam bots. Very easy to promote on forums.

Traffic:

It has had 90 uniques so far this month.

Additonal:

Banner:

Includes BOTH PSDs!

Starting bid:

$60

----------------

TheWebHostGuy.com

Description:

A web hosting directory. Powered by php and mySQL. This website requires no maintenance and is also setup to take paypal payments for sponsored listings. If promoted to webhosts I can assure you they will pay a few bucks to have a sponsored listing.

Web hosting directorys can generate alot of revenue as alot of you will know by looking around these forums. Look how many new hosts there are now adays just looking for that extra customer. Can be easily promoted on WHT.

Traffic:

It has had 96 uniques so far this month. Only used 10mb bandwidth.

Aug 2005 96 115 612 2703 10.87 MB

Additonal:

Banner:

Includes BOTH PSDs!

Starting bid:

$60

----

To buy please contact me either in this thread or by pm. BINS will be announced later. All sites have a reserve that I will not disclose in this thread. If you do not have a useful comment please pm me and do not bash my thread thanks.

-Scott

I posted in the wrong section, sorry. Can a mod move this please?

Scott.Mc

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

TheWebHostGuy has been sold.

ProxyLists : $150 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators