Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

my domain being used to re-direct to nefarius web sites

rodeo clown

Level 1
Reaction score
I have a domain hosted at sedo.com, today I entered the domain with the .com extension into my header bar several times.

Each time I was directed to a different web site, gambling, sleeze, video games.

My question is, is this legal?

I was informed by the registrant that the domain was being hosted at sedo.com

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, is it your domain name or someone else's name? If it's yours, then you would be the registrant. If not, I assume you mean registrar. So what is the name?

rodeo clown

Level 1
Reaction score
The domain is in my name and registered in canada. I am the registrant. The domain is mohasty.com. I was in contact with my register here in canada and received instructions on how to park it with them which I will do. I am just curios how this happened, my register seemed to imply it was a misuse of my domain.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did it just recently get changed to that DNS? If so, the DNS may not fully be pointed to the Sedo DNS. If it is fully propagated, it may be a Sedo advertiser that is buying the traffic.

rodeo clown

Level 1
Reaction score
Did it just recently get changed to that DNS? If so, the DNS may not fully be pointed to the Sedo DNS. If it is fully propagated, it may be a Sedo advertiser that is buying the traffic.
Thanks for that, I moved several domains to sedo about one year ago then moved them back. This one got left behind although it is still registered in canada.

rodeo clown

Level 1
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted, if mohasty.com domain is attached to that website let me know or send me the link to that website in a private email. I can send you proof I own it or maybe do a search yourself.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. Some domains may be blocked by Google, so the parking companies have them going to "2nd tier" advertising feed. Those types of ads you posted are typical of those 2nd tier ads.

But your site is currently offline and pointed to the following DNS, not to Sedo's.

Name Server: ns2.namespro.ca
Name Server: ns1.namespro.ca

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators