- Joined
- Jun 27, 2004
- Messages
- 1,172
- Reaction score
- 0
Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.
DNjet said:It also becomes more frustrating as you become more savvy , the domains you now try to buy , most of the time, are held by experienced domainers and you get hit with inflated end user prices and they don't budge much usually. Thats what I always run into anyhow.
:greensmile: Many more players on the field than there used to be.britishbulldog said:... getting a quality domin AT A REASONABLE PRICE IS NOW LIKE WINNING THE LOTTERY !
DNjet said:It also becomes more frustrating as you become more savvy , the domains you now try to buy , most of the time, are held by experienced domainers and you get hit with inflated end user prices and they don't budge much usually. Thats what I always run into anyhow.
Greg-J said:I realize this may be chump change to a lot of you, but buying a domain for more than $25 has always seemed silly to me until I finally saw one that I just had to have. It was listed at sedo for $250, but I was able to get it for $125.
It's an interesting feeling really. Just knowing I paid that for nothing but a domain name makes me want to complete the project for that domain even more.
I figured I would share since I'm excited and my wife is asleep. It's addicting though. That was my first $100+ and I'm already in negotiations for my first $500+.
Does it get easier to drop money for domain names, or are you still every bit as cautious after a few?
Greg-J said:I know the legality involved in owning a domain containing a trademark. I did extensive research before considering it, and I'm comfortable with my decision in that regard.
Greg-J said:I didn't know you weren't allowed to post them actually :s
A lesson learned.
daddypi said:You are by all means allowed to post the name, but what DomainFatigue is saying, is that you're openly admitting on a public forum to have knowingly purchased a trademarked name (even going so far as to do background research on the name). *If* there is ever a trademark conflict with the company, it just gives them more "legal fuel".
That's why you might want to omit the name.![]()
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.