Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Mysql help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I need to create a Mysql daybase from within cpanel.. I think I can handle that part...I even see where I go into each database after it is created ..the placewhere you start adding fields...but thats about as far as I am going to get without some serious study and trial and error.

The scond part of my problem is the information I want to populate the fields is in this text format like this

xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx ...

I am building a website on all the countries xxxxxxxx. first of all is there any way to take a huge list in txt format without already being in fields and importing that into a database..or do I need to create the fields in the database and populate the fields ONE at a time ?

I have a huge text file of all the xxxxxx..but without any fields..can it be done is it relatively straight forward ?

and my last question is .after the database is setup...I will be making "pages"for each xxxxx ..so after I build a xxxxx web page I need to go into the admin of the databse and create a hyperlink to the webpage using some text in one ofthe fields ..is that something that is pretty straight forward?

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:
I need to create a Mysql daybase from within cpanel.. I think I can handle that part...I even see where I go into each database after it is created ..the placewhere you start adding fields...but thats about as far as I am going to get without some serious study and trial and error.
You need what exactly? You want to know how to create tables? How to structure a db? You need help adding fields?

bidawinner said:
The scond part of my problem is the information I want to populate the fields is in this text format like this

xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx ...

I am building a website on all the countries xxxxxxxx. first of all is there any way to take a huge list in txt format without already being in fields and importing that into a database..or do I need to create the fields in the database and populate the fields ONE at a time ?

I have a huge text file of all the xxxxxx..but without any fields..can it be done is it relatively straight forward ?
Depending on the way your file is structured you will have to manualy add the data into the db or hopefuly you will be able to use a script to do this for you by taking the file data and inputing them into the db...

bidawinner said:
and my last question is .after the database is setup...I will be making "pages"for each xxxxx ..so after I build a xxxxx web page I need to go into the admin of the databse and create a hyperlink to the webpage using some text in one ofthe fields ..is that something that is pretty straight forward?
Yes.

I pmed you my AIM

stoned

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PM Sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators