Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

.name approved for second level names

Status
Not open for further replies.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ICANN has paved the way for GNR to offer second level names in the .name tld in the future. Currently they only offer third level names like JOHN.smith.name.

If this happens, you could in the future "legitimately" register something like buymy.name or mydomain.name.

http://www.icann.org/minutes/prelim-report-08aug03.htm

Rescue for an already sinking ship?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont get it.

M

mole

Well, let them try to reclaim the second level surname I have already registered, together with my third level first name. .NAME is a dead fish with clouded eyes and grey gills IMHO. Just another one of ICANN's stillborns.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Well, let them try to reclaim the second level surname I have already registered, together with my third level first name. .NAME is a dead fish with clouded eyes and grey gills IMHO. Just another one of ICANN's stillborns.

I don't think any existing second level names could be made available. I'd bet they would also have to hold back any even uncommon surnames or first names to comply with their original purpose. Rule out "name" names, and what would you want to preceed a .name tld....almost zilch in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators