Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NameJet: Another Freakin' Mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not used Enom before but have had a few backorders with them. By far the worst experience I have had with any registrar. I have only heard negative feedback from Enom customers.

lol. I am an enom customer and I only have good things to say about them.
namejet, on the other hand, should make their site usable with browsers other than IE (like Opera, for instance) - we are in 2007, not 1999

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameJet two weeks later:

1). While using their "view all" search for the "Pre-Release" domains and arranging all of them in a "High Bid" descending order, as you move forward from page to page, the system will, all of a sudden (usually page 8 or 10) show 100 domains per page instead of 50! Then you have to remember what page you were on, start all over again by going back to the first page, set-up the domains in "descending" order again, and then click on the page number that is half of the page number you were on (e.g. originally on page 8, start again, click page 4!)

2). Have left backorders on a number of "Pre-Release" that were from Enom and were, obviously, listed as coming up for a future drop, only to later find them pulled from the drop altogether and no longer in the NameJet system. (Enom also did this at SnapNames just like Dotster!) Checked on quite a few of them so far and almost all have been renewed but not by the original owner; they now belong to Enom!

3). Enom's Club Drop has always used the ""Auction Lock" on its own "Pre-Release" drops but not for the "Pending Delete" drops that Club Drop grabbed.

4). There is truly a dearth of quality drops! Maybe we have finally reached the "End Times"!

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NSI has had their greedy hands in the expired domain name pool since day one. Always trying to get more. Never happy being #1 registrar. Now, with enom, (ex) bulkregister and NSI joined together, they are at it again. In the past, domainers rose to oppose. Ignore NAMEJET. Do not use it! Boycott this ridiculous system and it will fail. DD

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol. I am an enom customer and I only have good things to say about them.
namejet, on the other hand, should make their site usable with browsers other than IE (like Opera, for instance) - we are in 2007, not 1999

Enom are shit

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NSI has had their greedy hands in the expired domain name pool since day one. Always trying to get more. Never happy being #1 registrar. Now, with enom, (ex) bulkregister and NSI joined together, they are at it again. In the past, domainers rose to oppose. Ignore NAMEJET. Do not use it! Boycott this ridiculous system and it will fail. DD
Yes the system does suck. They hold the pre-realease domains for 42 days for no reason. The search system is bad etc.

I do not think ignoring it is going to work, because of the quality of domains they have, people are still going to bid. I think if everybody that does not like the auction house, expresses it to NJ, they might get the point and we can all hope for an improvment.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom are shit

I agree.

I have a verified account with Namejet, and won a few auctions. Suddenly, without prior notice, Enom disabled the enomcentral.com account where they keep the domains I won at Namejet.

This is an account which Namjet set up. I keep only domains from Namejet there. My Namejet account is verified, they have a passport scan etc. There are no payment issues - on the contrary, Namejet charged me around 1000US$ for the domains they keep in the disabled account. My NameJet account works, and they continue to charge me for new domains I win - I just can't access them.

On the phone they give me the run around. They do not answer emails or support tickets, despite their claims of 24/7 customer service. What's next - will they tell me the domains obtained from Namejet are against their TOS?

It's a shame they get all the NSI pre-drops now, if not I'd never have bothered to deal with them at all. They registered LameJet.com and NameJetSucks.com themselves. They must know why.

I just published some useful information on www.namejetsupport.com :) helps vent some frustration...

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To be clear, DomainDuck depends upon and respects Enom. It is the NameJet / NSI coalition that I oppose. DD

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
simply amazing: I always get my email answered within 48 hours.
just yesterday I requested some help, and the answer was in in less than 8 hours.
last ticket I submitted to enom's ticketing system last week, was also answered to in just a couple of hours.
I do have some direct emails (like [email protected]) and don't bother them too often, but, as I said , I never had any issues with them at all.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameJet much improved!! Either NSI stepped in and "tweaked" it a bit themselves because it was so bad or Paul Stahura (founder/CEO of Enom and now President/COO of Demand Media) and Richard Rosenblatt (founder/CEO of Demand Media) were finally forced to spend the extra bucks necessary to get the job done somewhat right since, almost certainly at some point, NSI may have expressed its displeasure with the way the system was working.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On the number 42:

The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything has a numeric solution in Douglas Adams' series The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In the story, a "simple answer" to The Ultimate Question is requested from the computer Deep Thought - specially built for this purpose. It takes Deep Thought 7½ million years to compute and check the answer which turns out to be "42".

Read rest Here

I have to agree with the majority of the views in this thread and say my experience so far is one of frustration. From search and saved search to the back order issues.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They registered LameJet.com and NameJetSucks.com themselves. They must know why.

Hahahahahahaahaa. NameJetSucks.com is obvious, but LameJet.com took some thinking!

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While the interface is difficult to use, I have had a lot of success in recent weeks in acquiring names through them.

One (minor) irritating thing that I found is that as soon as you get the name, the point it to their own parking page. By the time you get around to changing the DNS servers they have a day worth of clicks. Multiply that out by the number of domains acquired each day and I rekon it would be a nice little profit.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if I am the only one to experience bidding on domains that are not paid and reauctioned a couple of days later.

Happened to me 10, 12 times ?

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namejet sends domains to Public auction if they are not paid for within 5 days.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know, however this is not the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom