Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

NameJet: Another Freakin' Mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have 2 more weeks until they start auctioning netsol etc. domains.
I hope they will get it together by then.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While there are more names than in the Netsol drop lists alone, the quality is lower. I'm wondering where all the good domains have gone...

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quality names that drop or expire are getting fewer every year.
This has nothing to do with netsol or namejet or snapnames etc...

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Definitely seeing less drops than anywhere else.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Warning to anyone using Namejet prerelease auctions. In the case of enom drops, they will hold the domain in an "Auction lock" status for 42 days. This means you will not be able to push or transfer the domain for at least 42 days after you have payed for it. I have contacted Namejet/Enom about this, but finding no answers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As much as I love eNom, they always look after #1. But why "42" days?

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not see the reason for a 42 day hold, I have never heard of this policy with any other registrar.

Here is their response to one of my emails regarding this:
The 42 day escrow hold is our policy. As stated in the previous message, it may be different than other registrars, but that is how we do it.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is just added security. I've seen fraud payment after winning the auction. This gives enom some time to check if the payment is real, then released the domain and you can do whatever you want.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is just added security. I've seen fraud payment after winning the auction. This gives enom some time to check if the payment is real, then released the domain and you can do whatever you want.
I understand the need for them to minimize loss, but why a 42 day hold? There are a certain amount of auctions everyday that are not payed for at all, but there is no policy against it so why restrict the use of a domain after someone has payed for it? This policy is only used by Enom. Also we are not talking about a $1000+ auction, this is only a $70 backorder and this policy also applies to "verified members".

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
After careful analysis of the number 42, it appears it's one of the following:

6 weeks of 7 days each = 42 days

8 weeks of 5 workdays each = 40 days + 2 days for mental rest

42 is a magic number for domainers; once you register that many domains you never stop.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not see the reason for a 42 day hold, I have never heard of this policy with any other registrar.

Here is their response to one of my emails regarding this:

Enom can will play by their rules...so they do.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tucows is even worse, they keep domains in escrow for 100 days.

BTW is it just me or the Namejet lists are not good. I always get the feeling the lists are creamed off. With netsol I found at least one good name every day. Now there are more names but the quality is not outstanding.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They will lose 90% of their customers on Namejet if they continue to introduce such ridiculous policies.

Maybe...The problem is that if I want a certain netsol drop...I have no other choice.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe...The problem is that if I want a certain netsol drop...I have no other choice.

I wasn't refering to Netsol drops. This is an Enom policy that applies to Pre-release domains. Namejet has not been getting any Netsol drops yet.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy has a similar policy with their TDNAM drops but it's only two weeks. Probably gives the registrant one last chance to renew the domain (at an increased fee).

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The 42 day policy appears to be the same that they used at the old Club Drop.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The 42 day policy appears to be the same that they used at the old Club Drop. The old owner can also renew the domain during this period of time, using the redemption payment method in their account. If they do renew the domain name after you won the auction during the 42 days, the domain will be removed from your account and you are to get a refund for your auction costs, back in your account. During the 42 days you should be able to set dns, redirects, etc. but can not push/move the domain name form the account it landed in. That is how it is suppose to work, I recently heard.

I am not sure if that is true, but this would be a very unethical business practice. I do not know if Club Drop provided Pre-release domains, but I have gotten Pre-release domains from Namejet: The whois information shows my information and the domain status is set to OK. This shows that I am the registrant of the domain. This is not the same as the TDNAM policy. This policy seems to be a nonsense security precaution that limits the rights of the registrant but does not provide any function.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if that is true, but this would be a very unethical business practice. I do not know if Club Drop provided Pre-release domains, but I have gotten Pre-release domains from Namejet: The whois information shows my information and the domain status is set to OK. This shows that I am the registrant of the domain.

Wait until you have a domain name removed from your account that you thought you owned due to the past owner redeeming it and then you might just find this as true.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wait until you have a domain name removed from your account that you thought you owned due to the past owner redeeming it and then you might just find this as true. I do not know if this is going to be the case with Net Sol domains but it was always the case at Club Drop with Enom, their owned registrars and Register.com domains. I have seen more than few removed from various accounts we manage with Club Drop in the past. I do not know if I would say it is unethical, but as the old saying goes - "if you do not like their rules - dont play in their game".
I have not used Enom before but have had a few backorders with them. By far the worst experience I have had with any registrar. I have only heard negative feedback from Enom customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom