• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

NameMedia Launches New Domain Sales Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

companyone

DNF Regular
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
12
NameMedia Launches New Domain Sales Platform

WALTHAM, Mass.-(Business Wire)-March 6, 2007 - NameMedia today announced the launch of ActiveExchange, providing domain owners access for the first time to the exclusive distribution network of the industry's leading domain marketplace.

By joining ActiveExchange, domain owners will now have their domain names listed on the websites of BuyDomains, Afternic and more than 55 resellers in North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Middle East. In addition, members of ActiveExchange will have the industry's most experienced sales team working on their behalf to handle customer inquiries and help maximize sales value.

This service provides unmatched visibility for listed domains that was previously available only to the BuyDomains portfolio. By opening the marketplace to all domain owners, ActiveExchange is poised to become the marketplace with both the largest inventory and the best service.

Additional member benefits include listing in marketing communications such as the Daily Domain Alert, monthly newsletters, email marketing promotions, placement on leading search engines and more - all designed to maximize both domain selling velocity and value.

ActiveExchange also provides one-stop access to customized parking platforms through industry leaders ActiveAudience, GoldKey and SmartName.

"ActiveExchange offers domain sellers an unrivaled level of revenue generation, personalized service and one-stop convenience," said Pete Lamson, senior vice president and general manager of NameMedia's marketplace businesses. "Our broad end-user reach, sales team representation, comprehensive monetization tools and parking solutions—all integrated onto one platform—is designed to help customers achieve maximum value from their domain names".

ActiveExchange domain monetization tools include Domain Appraisals and Domain Name Index (DNI) Scoring, Assisted Offers for buyers wishing to remain anonymous, Escrow Services and expanded promotional opportunity through Home Page Upgrades.

"The joining of Afternic and BuyDomains has enabled the creation of a next generation domain monetization platform. Providing our membership with access to a premier suite of domain sales, parking and management tools will allow domain owners to achieve their portfolio objectives - for one domain, or thousands - all within ActiveExchange," said Roger Collins, General Manager of NameMedia's Afternic marketplace.

Learn more about ActiveExchange at: www.afternic.com/ActiveExchange.

About NameMedia

NameMedia is the industry leader in Direct Search and the marketplace for premium domain names. The company leverages the power of Direct Search through a proprietary publishing platform that creates revenue-generating search destinations, including the company's network of vertical online properties. NameMedia also has the industry's largest marketplace for buying and selling premium domain names. NameMedia is a privately-held, venture-backed company headquartered outside Boston in Waltham, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.namemedia.com.

Anyone tried this?
 
Interesting. Wonder if they're taking a percentage of the sale price or if you have to pay listing fees etc.
 
Interesting. Wonder if they're taking a percentage of the sale price or if you have to pay listing fees etc.

No they do it all for free. They hate money.
 
A regular listing on afternic costs 10% sales fee if you sell. With this active exchange, your domain shows up in more places and they will negotiate on your behalf, and it costs 20% sales fee. I put a few of my domains into the active exchange to test it out. You have the choice to go regular or active, time will tell if it's more effective.
 
I have some 600 names with Sedo and given how horrible they've been lately any alternative is worth the try. Can't wait to try it!
 
Its sounds great, I just dont like the 20%, but its the price you pay for exposure.
 
Its sounds great, I just dont like the 20%, but its the price you pay for exposure.

Agreed - though the beauty with domains is, you can build the 20% into your asking price.
 
i just hiked up my prices buydomains seems good at getting high prices anyways
 
has anyone sold domains with active exchange?, i am very curious how broad the exposure really is, thanks.
 
I had one of Buydomains sales people call me within days after listing my names, to discuss pricing, etc. They have about a dozen sales people who will negotiate over the phone with buyers. They get a lot of businesses looking for domains. I think the exposure is worth the 20% commission. One person on this forum reported an xxxx sale through this new exchange, so I think it's worth a try. Everyone knows in the past that Buydomains has done well at selling their own names, so now you can put their sales experience to work for you.
 
I also got a call from one of the Buy Domain reps although my rep sounded like he wasnt into domains but just helping me with sales if they should come. Either way made me feel a little good that I had my "own rep" that I could call at anytime.
 
I also got a call from one of the Buy Domain reps although my rep sounded like he wasnt into domains but just helping me with sales if they should come. Either way made me feel a little good that I had my "own rep" that I could call at anytime.
 
I recently bought a name from BuyDomain and I can say it was handled very professionally. I can see why they have success.
 
I haven't bothered to read the small print.

What happens if NameMedia buys the domain?

I guess they are getting a 20% discount?
And, I guess they know your bottom price?

I haven't used the "new" BuyDomains/Afternic program.

I like the people there. I hope it is successful for them and us.
 
What happens if NameMedia buys the domain?
I guess they are getting a 20% discount?
And, I guess they know your bottom price?

Choose your bottom price very carefully then. Plus, you could always ask them who the buyer is, or if it is BuyDomains. If you are selling and choose a bottom price you like, then who cares who buys? It's all new, so I guess we'll be hearing feedback from time to time on the sales. If you list at just Sedo or Afternic, they could buy your name too. One thing I'm sure, the more exposure your names get, the more chance of a sale.
 
at the end of the day 20% of nothing is nothing.. so if it dont sell you dont pay. Whats more with the added exposure I will happily part with 20%, I will just price my domains accordingly. Its about time someone took on SEDO and with the marketing power behind the likes of name Media and the partnerships they have been forging with Enom, TDNAM I see a shift in the force young padawans.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom