Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NamePopper missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stupid timechange.com - what an idiot....

I hope Nick is still doing well, wherever he may be

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any updates or are we really chasing a phantom?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unfortunetly, I think we are chasing a phantom, its really too bad, I wish Nick would at least make one last post explaining who he is and why he left...maybe it will come when he is ready...

Skaboy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i Can't really see him coming back .... not just yet anyways maybe when hes bored and ok

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone have his complete domain portfolio?
I think his domain is dropping.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In no part by all of your ingenuity, sense of humour, detective skills and a talent for drama, this has to be the most interesting online post I have ever read in my life.

Being a newbie here, I certainly don't feel I can be of any help. However, having read each and every one of your posts in this thread, I feel brave enough to pitch in my theory.

First of all, I'm frequent visitor to a certain, heavily visited, ethnic community forum, and I have come accross one particular person there who constantly switches his identities at least 12 hours a day. One day he is this, one day he is that... dozens and dozens of amuzing, but very serious, and intelligent identities. It is all there for any sharp eye to see.

So, if this is a stunt, it is not a greatly difficult to pull. All you need is a certain kind of personality, long hours, some acting talent and a lot of determination. Having said that, most of us could never do it, because it takes a special kind of person.

BUT, for money, who knows?

Which leads me to this...

Could NP be a fictious, "business" alter ego of GregR, which existed solely for the purpose of making sure that others involved here, can always have a lovely, dear buddy they can count on (if only online, and never in real life?)

Because, character of NP seemed to be the most involved here, and the most responsible for the pre-sale success of the site. Coincidentally, if I understood it correctly, NP happen to be the best moderator here at the times while GregR was the owner (could have been the same person, "sharing" duties/identities?)

Now, when GregR is no longer the owner, right around after the site was sold, NP was conveniently "swept under the rug of dforum history." and we are left here to ponder about the reasons/meanings of it all.

Reason? Character of NP was most succesful of making you guys feel welcomed and appreciated here. He was here to lend you an ear, when you needed one... he was here when you needed help... he was here to discuss and talk and argue with you... in other words, he was here whenever you needed him. Or was he? You never met him, you never talked to him on the phone, you never knew his address... you even had to borrow him your credit card once or twice, because he didn't have it... or he didn't want to have it in front of you? Have you ever thought about how incredible is that nobody can positively identify this guy, meet up with him, or talk to him over the phone. Most domainers are somewhat private, but there's no one, that I know, who will go to such great, religious lengths to keep himself out of any identity loop, unless he had a reason. And his reason, wasn't an illness, or a paranoia, or a trouble with law. His reason was you. Maybe it all started innocently enough. GregR, creating a character of NP, just to have another extra... But, all of sudden he got drawn into it. The thrill of the other "persona" became addictive. By that time, he crossed a line of no return, and he just couldn't reveal himself to you, even if he wanted to.

And thus, in return for countless hours of his shared passion, you returned favour by coming back to this forum over and over again, looking for opportunities, and counting on NP, if need be, to be on your side. You also put a good word about "him", and this forum to whomever domain newbie you came accross. You spread the gospel of this great, domain knowledge shangri la, where we all brothers and sisters caring for each other and having fun...

You my friends, have helped create this story...

You have been positively duped, in a very nice, intelligent way.

You are all a - NamePopper.

And while you first started wondering about the whereabouts of your Caiser Sose and the reasons behind his expiring useless domains; in that split instant, his facial muscle produced a wicked wince...and just like that,

he was gone.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well said, btw whatever happened to nhlrat? Another mistery unsolved. lmao

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's two possible answers to this mystery question.

1. NamePopper died.

2. Gregr was NamePopper, or hired someone to be NamePopper.

As for which answer is the right one, I guess we may never know.

1. Its very much a possibility that NamePopper died. People die every day. Its a part of life. His domains seem to have expired, so this is probably what happened. I hope thats not the case, but it makes sense.

2. NamePopper wasn't the kind of person who would simply leave and never come back. He appeared to care a lot about the community, so for him to leave and not come back seems out of character for him. Unless of course he was a fake.
NamePopper was apparently from the same area as Gregr, so it's a little suspcious. It's even more suspicious that NamePopper would care so much for the community and end up leaving the moment Gregr sold the forum. I could understand if he was upset that he didn't get anything as a result of Gregr selling the forum (Afterall, NamePopper did do a lot of work as a mod), but I don't think this is the case because we would see NamePopper on the other domain forums. Its a bit more suspicious that Gregr didn't meet NamePopper in person (After all, they "apparently" didn't live very far apart).

So both possible answers are very much possible. Will we ever find out the truth?. Probably not.

RMF

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JoltHost said:
Well said, btw whatever happened to nhlrat? Another mistery unsolved. lmao

NHLrat is chuck. He changed his username to Sammy. He's not on the site anymore, but he may be back. :-D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr said:
Any Namepopper sightings?

Here we go again. I thought namepopper showed up at the NP forum after saying he had left here because he was basically real upset over mod'ing so long and he got nothing for all that time and hard work, but not sure about that :undecided I think he said in not so many words that he was upset that you GregR sold the forum to DCG without compensation to him? :undecided It also seems rumors he died were false.

P.S. Since we are talking about lost members - What happened to the admin named NFLrat, who was real active but only for a brief time? Also, what happened to the old mod Bidawinner who was banned, came back and seems to be gone again?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
Here we go again. I thought namepopper showed up at the NP forum after saying he had left here because he was basically real upset over mod'ing so long and he got nothing for all that time and hard work, but not sure about that :undecided I think he said in not so many words that he was upset that you GregR sold the forum to DCG without compensation to him? :undecided It also seems rumors he died were false.
That was Radistar (timechange) playing a sick joke.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:

Did not know that was a joke but I believe it may very well be true! I have been saying basically the same thing for ages (except for the NP stuff).

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just don't get the point of some people hitting at this NamePopper thingy simply because they've got some spare time at hand and even by reviving some old threads.

If he has died, let him rest in peace; there's nothing you can do now. If he's not, he chose to disappear; so unless he has scammed you out of anything (which I'd doubt as many here thought and some still think he's a friend), respect his decision. And if he's a sick man with multiple personalities, forget about him and move on!

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should just close the thread.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:

Actually, that was not me but I have argued enough with Reigndomains over it. If you guys love conspiracies then I think Namepopper took you all for a fool. He's probably somewhere in Reno doing Elvis impersonations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com