Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Names in Simplified Chinese - Antivirus etc .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenne

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All in Simplified Chinese. take 10% off if getting 2 or more. post SOLD to claim.

xn--8owx71g.net
防毒.net (SOLD)
antivirus;

BIN $200
US OVT = 123; which translate to huge hit in China, given that Chinse "sex" US OVT = 3000

------------------------
xn--gps-f97em25t.com
gps设备.com
gps equipment
BIN $400

Baidu Exact Search Page count = 3Million; there are lots of ads on Baidu

-----------------------
xn--czr85lks2d.net
商学院.net
business school
BIN $200

Baidu Exact Search Page Count = 3 Million; there are lots of ads on Baidu
-----------------------
xn--imrry7s.com
咖啡厅.com (SOLD)
cafe
BIN $400
Baidu Exact Search Page count = 2Million; there are lots of ads on Baidu

Price adjusted (up and down) and adding more information about the domains.

Domain summit 2024

kenne

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Open to offers in the low $xxx range. BTW, I offer money back guarantee that they represent
the product/service as I claim, and is nontypo, generic, and is one of the top/short representations
in Chinese.

See my signature.

kenne

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received some PMs. But not yet reaching $500 deal mark.

Some of these terms may not show huge google hits, but they are big business and well worth the BIN cost.
For example, look at 商学院.net:
China has not had many business schools in the past, but with the kind of growth it's getting,
there are now huge demand for graduates; and a lot of money going in. See this business
week article.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_02/b3966074.htm

Another thing you should know is: Baidu search engine often register fewer hits than google hits. For example,
business school exact search in google results in 7 Million hits, and only 3 Million hits on baidu. So don't dismiss
the relatively low baidu hits out of hand.

Now I'm so worked up about the value of these domains, I'm tempted to raise the BIN to $600. But I'll wait.
$500 is the deal for the day. Tommorrow I'll raise it.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why register .net? I think that most people are buying these domain names now to either invest in or to get traffic to their site. I cannot see the point in registering a .net that will have no traffic and potentially no value at all.

Giantpanda

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:
Why register .net? I think that most people are buying these domain names now to either invest in or to get traffic to their site. I cannot see the point in registering a .net that will have no traffic and potentially no value at all.

Dot Net won't get as much traffic as Dot Com, but AntiVirus (or 防毒) is a big name and it will attract some traffic. You pay for the name.

kenne

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
godfrey, thank you for pointing out some of my domains are .nets. I should have said it
more explicitly.

However, my .net is priced really low given that they will get a lot more traffic than the mixed-script 2-letter IDN **** you are selling for $200, that most people won't be able to type in, won't be able to understand and many applications won't render without warning off the users.

Good luck.

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:

Don't forget there are NO plural nouns in Chinese, Japanese or Korean. The namespace as a result is that much tighter.

Agreed with mobilphile, that antivirus is a great commercial term and particularly fits the extension. This is not some nonsense IDN.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, that's right..all your names are superior to other peoples' domains..forgot..sorry.

kenne

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please don't take it personally. A lot of other domains on sale here are very good, probably better than mine. I'm sure that even you probably have some very good ones and looking forward to seeing them.

But just not the 2-letter mixed-script IDN **** you are selling currently.

Thanks to everyone for commenting on my domains and I welcome constructive suggestions and recommendations :)

Antivirus.net + Cafe.com SOLD.

$500 Bin offer for all 4 pulled as a result. Business School.net price is now $300, while gps equipment.com price is now $200.

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:

.nets are good for Chinese domains as Chinese people frequently call their websites 'Net', e.g. Anti-virus Net.

Besides, 防毒 has significant US OVT:

Searches done in January 2006
Count Search Term
123 防毒

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators