• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Names you regret letting expire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeeales

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
0
Are there any domains that you wished you renewed? Maybe you registered something on a whim, and it turned out to be a hit - just more than a year later.

I'll start off - I let TwoFactorAuthentication.com drop; I think it's worth at least $500 now.

Anybody else?
 
SitkaSpruce.com - probably not too valuable but it is exactly the tree name on the west coast of Canada + I work in forestry

last year before the 2012 summer olympic games city was announced I let drop Britain2012.com and England2012.net. I kept a bunch of similar names for New York, didn't think England had a great chance and had a lot of other names to renew, but look what happened. Those are probably worth low xxxx now at least.
 
I actually SOLD these:

glittergraphix.us (now I own a layouts site...and this name received a TON of traffic)
nbcdealornodeal.com (OVT with ext went up to 900+ the next month)

//everydayprofit
 
Years ago, I lost Canada247.com and a bunch of others.

I think I changed service providers and didn't get the renewal reminders.
:(
 
I don't want to talk about it. :-#

:greensighw:
 
Too many to list.. My biggest regrets are sales - Fitness.org, Television.org and Diary.org.
 
Yeah a few i lost due to registar screw ups which were 10K+ names.. saddens me the new owners never reply to emails either
 
The new owners are probably here on dnforum.

Most of my regrets would be in registrations, not expirations.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom