Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NameSecure problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitShifter

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what's up with NameSecure? I've been locked out of my account there going on 4 days now. Their fax line is going unanswered, and email to their support address is occasionally being bounced from the [email protected] (they suspended all phone support a week or two ago, presumably as part of Verisign's acquisition of them). They have yet to answer the email I sent Saturday morning about the login problem I'm having (it says to contact Customer Support), or the 2 emails I've managed to get through since Saturday.

I am completely unable to renew any of my NameSecure domains. Does ICANN require a registrar to give you an opportunity to renew your domains? I only have about 20 domains with NameSecure, but if NameSecure is defunct, how will I be able to transfer the domains to another registrar? And what if they expire and are sniped? Will I have to use SnapNames to try to grab my own domains back?

To show my desperation, I actually called Verisign/NetSol's number for help. The guy there told me that while Verisign now owns NameSecure, the only support available is through the unanswered and occasionally bouncing email addy, [email protected] ...

BitShifter

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It continues to get deeper. I've received a few monosyllabic replies from NameSceure (4 days+ after my first email) saying I was locked out due to credit card fraud. I checked my credit card company: no fraud reported. The name and billing address for the card exactly matches the name and billing address both on the account and on the regsitrant of all 20 domains.

They emailed a request that I fax them photo ID (again, in monosyllables). No problem, except their fax line hasn't picked up in 4 days, and continues to go unasnwered.

I would mail them notarized documents to transfer the domains and request a return receipt, except instead of a street address in Moraga CA, all NameSecure has now is a PO Box in Herndon VA (home of NetSol.) Grrr.

Time to run for the tall grass....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom