Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Nametrack stopped operating

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaindude

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just saw that nametrack is no longer accepting new orders and will be refunding all current backorders...

If Martin sees this would he tell us the changes Nominet has made that have made Nametrack no longer viable.

Pity...

mreeves

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no one more disappointed than me :cry:

Basically Nominet has made their whois system vitually real time which has the following impact...

• There is very little advantage been a Nominet member which means we would now need to complete for drops with a much wider audience.
  • The way in which our system operated prior to Nominet's changes there was actually an advantage to going after a large number of names as it made it more likely that you would be first to detect a drop - now the reverse is true in that the more names we go after the less efficient it will be (hence there is no scalable business).
  • We had anticipated that Nominet would introduce limitations on Nominet members use of the registration system, which would in turn allow us to build efficiency in our system through partnering with other Nominet members (similar to the way SnapNames partners with registrars) - this is now very very unlikely to happen.

Ultimately we had tried to anticipate every possible change that Nominet would introduce and plan accordingly - we failed. The change they have made came completely unannounced and is something we never thought would happen - they have gone from an approx 8 hour delay to a less than 5 minute delay on the whois.

I will of course refund all subscription holders in full and provide all possible advice on acquiring thier desired names if requested.

Best Regards
Martin

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Martin,

Very bad luck - I'm sorry to hear it. Have already sent you private email. I hope there can be some way you can put the technology investment you've made to good use, even if it's not the service in its original form.

Will the deletion model still apply i.e. ACTIVE->DETAGGED->SUSPENDED->available ?

Also, just wanted to confirm that you guys will still be around for a while to help e.g. transfer names you managed to grab to other registrars?

mreeves

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Genki, thank you for the very kind words in your email (i'll respond to it directly ASAP).

The deletion model will still apply.

Focus Digital - the company operating NameTrack will still be around ... the reason to stop operating NameTrack is purely a commercial one based on the fact the dynamics of the market have changed. We will continue to reply promptly to all support requests in the same helpful manner we have done to date.

Best Regards
Martin

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats a darn shame ....

Thanks MReeves for your help ... i had a very pleasant experience
with .. NameTrack .. your results and support were first rate.

Even though i still dont fully understand the way this Nominet thing works.

Good luck MReeves, i hope that you can retrieve something from the ashes after all the work that you must have put into it.

Americar.

mreeves

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all DNF members who have provided a great deal of support and encouragement. I really hope that I will have the opportunity to do business with many of you again.

Best Regards
Martin

I got a email from nametrack today refund my account, l didn't now l send so much when you look at the total.

Anyway thank you Nametrack for getting hotgirls.co.uk for me, l found a buyer as will sold for £8.500 not bad cost me £55 beats the bank interest anyday :D :laugh: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators