Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Namewinner.com - Any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So i have used namewinner for the first time now and they got me Doorkeeper.org ; what is not so clear to me is:
The bidamount was $25;that's also the amount that is stated on my dotster.com account invoice for that name.Does that mean namewinner charges me $25 and dotster charges me another $25 or what?Hope not :)

Domain summit 2024

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No only they charge you $25.
But I don`t undersatnd, why You payd $25 usd for a .org name?? I think that`s to much.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well first of all i wanted it because i was a doorkeeper myself amongst 1000 other things some time ago:);second, in my point of view a .org can be very valuable - just depends on what you wanna do with it.If you regged it for typein reasons you prolly made a mistake.But if it's for selling the domain to 4 instance an organization that want a name and the .com/.net are taken - ,org might be an alternative.You would not believe what names with strange extensions i have sold in the past,including .tk.A lot of stuff that appears to have non-value to resellers is indeed valuable to endcustomers.It's not all about revenue,turnkey-sites and traffic - that means a lot but is not limited to that.There are indeed organizations that want a name and don't have plans to make money with the name/site itself but just need it to present themselves online.Most of the resellers seem to have 4gotten bout that.In fact i believe that sometimes it makes more sense to have a good .org name and to look yerself for the right buyer than to have an middle class .com name and to only use it for some cheap affiliation stuff that pays you $13 a month.Long run vs.quick money.

Originally posted by beatz
So i have used namewinner for the first time now and they got me Doorkeeper.org ; what is not so clear to me is:
The bidamount was $25;that's also the amount that is stated on my dotster.com account invoice for that name.Does that mean namewinner charges me $25 and dotster charges me another $25 or what?Hope not :)

Dotster is the owner/registrant of NameWinner.com
(same organization)

So, the purchase you made through NameWinner, is
reflecting 'dotster'.. as Dotster is the main billing provider
for NameWinner..

That's what i can discern here. Knowing that NameWinner is
owned/registered by Dotster.

I dont' think you have to worry about being charged by both.
One charge.. billed FOR NameWinner.. BY.. Dotster/parent Co.

happy for you that you are delighted with your new .org!

Do you happen to know, what the previous owner's
Registar was for that name?

I'll bet $5 it was NSI (NetworkSolutions)

Did the name, drop quickly after the Expiration date?
just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators