Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Naratriptan.com - One word generic migraine wonder drug!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tradingnames.org

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Naratriptan - 2400 Google exact searches and growing every month!

Estibot - $510 (god knows why I am even mentioning this, LOL)

Hi folks

I was wondering what you think this is worth? It is a one word generic drug name .com, Naratriptan.com and is a drug used to treat migraines. It belongs to a group of drugs that although have been around since the nineties apparently have not become quite as popular as they ought to have probably due to the fact that the companies who have made them up to now have been charging pretty extortionate rates, but the patent for this particular drug which is widely regarded to be one of the best in its class ended in the US just last year and now numerous other drug manufacturers are going to start making and selling generic versions, the same is about to happen in Europe in the next year or two as well.

These drugs aren’t actually pain killers but apparently prevent the swelling and contraction which causes the migraine pain in the first place and are considered by many health care professionals to be the best possible treatment and a bit of a wonder drug for this relatively common condition, apparently many drug companies consider the migraine drug market as a big opportunity for growth. So with more and more much more affordable generic versions of it hitting the market I reckon there could be some pretty good growth potential for this particular drug. Lol, you can probably tell I am making more of an effort with my research these days, for those who want to read more about it here are some links and excerpts from other websites. Anyway I was just wondering what you think it is worth at present and what you think of its future prospects?

Many many thanks

“Triptans the cornerstone

Although the triptan class is considered the well-established cornerstone of migraine therapy, there is a significant delay between patient’s first experience of migraine symptoms and triptan use. First-line therapy predominantly utilises simple analgesics and non-steriodal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), despite the lack of sustained anti-migraine effect seen with these products and the risk of rebound headaches, Travis says.
“Datamonitor believes that by educating both primary care providers (PCPs) and patients alike, the growth in the wider and earlier use of the triptan class will be accelerated.”
Despite the fact that triptans are not always prescribed as first line treatment, (mostly for economic rather than medical reasons) opinion leaders spoken to by Datamonitor remain convinced they are the most effective medication:
‘ [Triptans] are the most efficacious drugs without any doubt. You can use them via several routes, which is also very important in clinical practice; via a nasal, mouth intake- even via the mouth with a wafer formulation, or subcutaneous.’
Opinion leader spoken to by Datamonitor
‘All my patients, or 99% of my patients are given a triptan option,’
However the good news for patients is that the use of triptans may soon be accelerated by the arrival of generics onto the market. Oral forms of GlaxoSmithKline’s sumatriptan (the first triptan released on the market and still the top seller in the class) are expected to lose patent protection from 2006 and 2009 in the EU and US, respectively. It is inevitable that these cheaper generics will take market share from the more expensive, branded triptans, Travis says.
“A cheaper, generic triptan would allow more migraine sufferers access to the best available medication, however it is something of an indictment on modern healthcare services that they are not as widely used as possible already. While pragmatism has to dictate healthcare expenditure to a certain extent, given the dramatic effect migraine has on the everyday lives of sufferers, one could make a reasonable argument that they should get the best available medication.”

http://www.drug3k.com/forum1/Other-Diseases/What-do-you-recommend-for-a-migrane-32230.htm

“Severe migraines are best dealt with my migraine specifics in the group of drugs 5HT agonists , which are not actually painkillers at all. The most well known of these is Imigran. Low dose preparations of this drug can be bought over the counter, it has however been superseded by newer preparations which are prescription only. Of these my favourite was Naramig ( Naratriptan ).” ~ Dr Frank

http://www.countrydoctor.co.uk/precis/precis - Migraine and tryptans.htm

“In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved naratriptan on February 11, 1998.[4] It was covered by U.S. Patent no. 4997841; the FDA lists the patent as expiring on July 7, 2010.[4][5]
In July 2010, in the wake of the patent expiration, several drug manufacturers, including Roxane Labs,[6] Sandoz[7] and Teva Pharmaceuticals,[8] announced that they were launching generic Naratriptan medications.
The drug continues to be covered by European patent 0303507 in Germany, Spain, France and the United Kingdom through March 10, 2012,[9] and by Australian patent 611469 in Australia through June 17, 2013.[9] It had previously been covered by Canadian patent 1210968; but both Sandoz and Novopharm have offered generic equivalents in Canada since that patent's expiration December 1, 2009.[9]”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naratriptan

Last edited:

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been there, done that, made no money, let them drug names expire worthless.

This is a particular case where FULLY developing a truly informative website (NOT a made-for-adsense site, NOT a wikipedia-scraping site) might work to get some MODEST, honest and consistent income from PPC, and with a bit of luck, some commissions from affy sales of migraine-related stuff.

tradingnames.org

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply it is extremely helpful, so are generic drug domains completely worthless what about another that I have Citalopram.co which is one of the world’s best selling drugs and gets 201,000 Google exact searches, in light of how popular it is would this be likely to be worth anything?

Also while I trust your analysis and knowledge of the market please permit me to ask a question if I may, what I don’t quite get is why do some of these generic prescription terms have an adsense cpc of between $1 and $2, doesn’t somebody value the traffic?

Many thanks again for your help

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True, for some drugs there are online pharmacies ready to pay as much as $1-2 per click, and that has been very well calculated. People don't click on them out of curiosity as much as in other retail sectors (i.e. perfumes, printer ink). With high margins and very decent conversions, which are common, they make that money back in no time.

The real problem is that Adsense DOES NOT serve that kind of ads to anyone. Regardless of how optimized your sites are, those ads don't seem to appear easily. IMHO they are very careful in NOT showing ads in MFA sites, BUT in the process they kill the potential of real-information sites.

I bet you have seen this:

You create a site about drug X (which has a highly competitive AdWords market). After you spend 2 weeks optimizing it and adding good content, when you put your AdSense blocks, they show you shi77y ads.

Next day you stumble on a BLATANTLY MFA portal-like site and its pages seem to be full of a great variety of likely-high-cost ads ready to be clicked on.

WHY THE PARADOX?

-Your site might be too "young" to be considered as a serious one. Time will tell.
-The other site is very old (and/or gained a reputation by having good content before), or is part of a giant network (those mafias with 20 million visitors a mo that Google never ban despite invalid clicks and useless info-scrapers), or simply has not been reported by users as MFA.

I, for sure, report MFA sites when they are blatant.

tradingnames.org

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That’s great thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain all that, I think I will take it from someone who knows and not waste any more time on generic drug domains.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom