Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

**National Geographic Channel leaps onto the mobile Web, advertises NGC.mobi **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NGC.mobi

What is the National Geographic Channel?

In September 1997, the world's first National Geographic Channel launched in Europe and Australia. In July 1998, National Geographic Channel Asia was launched in partnership and distribution with STAR TV (Before replacing NBC Asia Channel. The same happened in NBC Europe's demise in 1998). Today, the channel is available in over 143 countries, are seen in more than 160 million homes and in 25 languages.

In the United States, The National Geographic Channel, launched in January 2001, is a joint venture of National Geographic Television & Film and Fox Cable Networks. The National Geographic provides programming expertise and the Fox Networks Group provides its expertise on distribution, marketing, and ad sales. It is primarily a digital cable and satellite channel there.

In Canada, the channel is owned by Alliance Atlantis and National Geographic Channel USA, while the European versions are operated in partnership with Fox's sister company, British Sky Broadcasting (BSkyB). This includes an English language version for the UK and Ireland, which is carried on BSkyB's own Sky Digital pay TV service.

In Australia, National Geographic Channel is carried by Foxtel, Optus, Austar, Neighbourhood Cable, TransTV, and SelecTV. The Australian version includes Australian guest presenters of promotional material and to introduce certain programs, series and specials.

In New Zealand, National Geographic Channel is broadcast on SKY Network Television and TelstraClear InHomeTV.

In South Africa, the channel is carried by Digital Satellite Television (also known as DStv) is MultiChoice's multi-channel digital satellite TV service in Africa.

A trusted member(Biffenator) at another forum revealed he had spotted an ad promoting NGC.mobi.

Edit: The NGC.mobi ad was seen on tv and in the National Geographic Magazine!

Michael

Domain summit 2024

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
National Geographic? National Geographic? .... ow wait, yea i think i've heard of them once or 5,000 times.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:approve:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
okay, vision...got a typo that every one is quick to point out.

By the way, did anyone actually visit NGC.mobi?

Here's a real kick in the crotch.

Fox network is advertising on NGC.mobi.

Yeah, sure...look at it on the PC and what do you see...fox.com/

Now hold that thought, open another browser...now type in fox.mobi.

What do you see?

Guess what shows up when you click on the FOX link on the mobile? You guessed it. Same thing.

F
O
X
M
O
B
I

Okay, going to watch six degrees could change the world on National Geographic on the tele(vision).

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

iDName

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you proceed to the below link on NGC.mobi....

http://ngc.mobi/srsstore/showPage.do?pageId=2162665&queryString=&sharePageId=2162658

This link will enable you to "refer a friend via text message"...I referred a few friends and myself...we all were texted with the following text message from NGC.mobi... "Hi, thought you might like this site, check it out www.ngc.mobi"

Michael
Great forward thinking idea from National Geographic Channel!

Sent a few to some friends.

Anyone know if it works for UK numbers? I tried adding +44, but no message received yet.

Thanks for sharing, Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators