• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed nationalassociationofsecuritiesdealerautomatedquot ationsystem.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. DeletedMr. Deleted is verified member.

DNForum Mod
DNF Moderator
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
4,465
Reaction score
731
Rofl, whats with the long ass domains. Anyway, it's actually not bad. It's not completely random like mine is.

Low $xx
 
No, as I said it's a good domain, just the long domain crazy is going wild.
 
I know, but it is good for shock value if nothing else! I reged it a while ago when I was researching the 3000 most popular searches on Yahoo and this one had so many searches, that even with it being so long, I decided to reg it. It hadly gets any type ins, but it has shock value to mention to people that you have this name!
 
Go for it Joseph - it should be Adsense friendly :-D I mean, it doesn't get more specific than this: an expanded acronym.

Hard to tag a price on it, for reasons of length.
 
It's worth $xx, but probably worth more to you, since you have fun with it. I'm sure we all (or most of us) have domains that we enjoy having but other people look at and say "What the.." lol :-)
 
ROFL! Okay, I would definitely say it's worth something, but IMO, just reg. fee.
 
Mr. Deleted said:
nationalassociationofsecuritiesdealerautomatedquotationsystem.com :cheeky:
You have it wrong anyway. You are missing an 's' and you added a word.

National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation

But I see you did that because of OVT.
 
GiantDomains said:
You have it wrong anyway. You are missing an 's' and you added a word.

National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation

But I see you did that because of OVT.

There is an over obscession with Overture Scores in the this business.

Searched Keyword combinations scores do not equate to domain name value.

OK! with one and two word combos there is a high correlation, but this rapidly starts to tail off with length.

The golden rule for a domain is that it should be memorable and this strongly implies short. Even if I could remember that lot the chances of me getting it into the address bar without a typo are virtually nil.

Sophisticated search users will type in long combos to pin point what they are looking for, but those guys are not the same internet users that type-in.

I did once sell a long domain:

mobilephoneshop.net

but I really think that is pushing the limits!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
 
Idobelievethisisaregfeeimhobutthenthehighovtmaymakethisalow-midxxappraisalokiamdonenowthanks.com
 
I still like

cometodnforumforafreeappraisalfromdomainnamepros.com
 
LOL - Yes very adsense friendly names. Just set up a site and submit it to the search engines and watch the money flow in! Brilliant. Better start buying up all the 60 letter domains right now!!!

$Priceless

TS
 
Reg fee, But I like WhyWouldSomeOneWantaDomainNameThisLong.com ;)
 
Most of you don't get the point, the domain is not intented as a type in domain. It is only good for search engine traffic. 90K people search for this per month so if I can be in top of the results for that term then it should get traffic. If I was counting on type ins, I would register only short names, but this is not intented to be a type in name.
 
Mr. Deleted said:
Most of you don't get the point, the domain is not intented as a type in domain. It is only good for search engine traffic. 90K people search for this per month so if I can be in top of the results for that term then it should get traffic. If I was counting on type ins, I would register only short names, but this is not intented to be a type in name.

Yes, I understand the SEO argument, but there is no clear indication of a developing market for these kinds of domains.

There could be three reasons for this.

1) Repeat business still makes it desirable for the domain to be memorable. Not everybody Bookmarks pages.

2) If you are talking about 6 combos there are 720 different ways of ordering the words all of which will get equal precidence in search engines, unless someone types the whole damn thing out with quotes.

3) The overture results could be unreliable for such long strings, as there is a certain amount of parsing going on there.

Long domains for SEO have been around for a long time. In terms of a concept it is nearly as old as the wheel. If a solid market has not developed in such domains by now, it is unlikely that it ever will.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom