• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Need a laptop - any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
n00bs listen up :: Alienware = best
 
My personal favorite brand has been the Sony Vaio series. I've owned several. They are simply fantastic!!!! Stay away from Dell or Gateway unless you get the 1 year insurance with it.
 
Yman - how is vista getting any faster on your laptop?

deleted alot of useless stuff, its still slower than it should be with 1gb ram and 160gb hard drive, if i had the xp cd i would def reinstall that
 
Michael_Goldman said:
IBM's Lenova is preferred

I agree with this guy, except for the spelling.
I just dropped almost 2 G's on a Lenovo T60, fully loaded.
 
i am using Dell for the last three years. Have three year's guarantee and i am with Gold Tech support and its awsome.
 
deleted alot of useless stuff, its still slower than it should be with 1gb ram and 160gb hard drive, if i had the xp cd i would def reinstall that

that's cuz ur laptop's config is low.
Vista runs faster on my laptop :: Pentium 4 x64 3.6GHz CPU, 2.8GB (4GB stick only supports 2.8GB) DDR2 RAM, 160GB 5400RPM RAID0, GeForce 6800 Go.
 
I will be buying on in a month or two myself! but never play games .. Propably for Movies, Music and Internet Surfing..I am thinking of not going with Vista now!
 
I Agree.

Using one myself for 5 years. No problems and works perfectly.

I had one T20 before, it worked in my hands for 4 years, no problems. It was used when I got it, maybe for 2 years. got it for $1000 and sold after 4 years for $300 :)

Now I got T43, using for 2 years, no problems at all.

But IBM is not the cheapest, but I would not use anything else
 
I will be buying on in a month or two myself! but never play games .. Propably for Movies, Music and Internet Surfing..I am thinking of not going with Vista now!
May be tough to find one that DOESN'T have Vista if you wait too long. They are a massive memory hog.

As mentioned, you have to delete or disable all the annoying pop ups...and they pop up for every damn thing! I think MS assumes you have never used a computer before. Can be extremely annoying.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom