• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Need advice from the experienced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Hello Folks,

Need advice from the experienced group of domain sellers here. I have recently received an offer from "Hanley Group LLC" re: sale of CastBallot.com.

Given the vast competition and fraud in today's market, I am not sure if this is legit or not. Does anyone know about this "Hanley Group LLC" or have any experience with this person/company?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sam
 
No experience with that group. But if you want to email me parts of the email sent to you (excluding certain information if you want) I will be glad to look at it.
 
Hi Andrew,

Thanks.

Can I pm you?

Sam
 
yes, I've gotten emails from them in the last couple days sent to 2 different addresses and I imagine others have also

the only thing I found on google so far about them, if it is the same group is a page where they claim to buy houses, so now maybe it's domains.

http://hotproducts.alibaba.com/manufacturers-exporters/Cash_Box/5.html

I'm not selling any, but if you want to sell, just contact them to see if they follow up, and if they make an offer you like, use an established escrow service for the transaction
----------------------

goes like this

Hello,

"This is a serious inquiry."

Sorry to bother you, however I would like to ask if the yourdomain.com domain name is for sale.

If so, please respond with your asking price. I look forward to hearing from you.


Thanks for your time.


Hanley Group LLC.

-----------------------
 
it seems that they send out emails to alot of persons, asking if ther domian is for sale. I don't think you will get much out of this.
 
it seems that they send out emails to alot of persons, asking if ther domian is for sale. I don't think you will get much out of this.

You are right. Haven't heard from them yet.
 
yes, I've gotten emails from them in the last couple days sent to 2 different addresses and I imagine others have also

the only thing I found on google so far about them, if it is the same group is a page where they claim to buy houses, so now maybe it's domains.

http://hotproducts.alibaba.com/manufacturers-exporters/Cash_Box/5.html

I'm not selling any, but if you want to sell, just contact them to see if they follow up, and if they make an offer you like, use an established escrow service for the transaction
----------------------

goes like this

Hello,

"This is a serious inquiry."

Sorry to bother you, however I would like to ask if the yourdomain.com domain name is for sale.

If so, please respond with your asking price. I look forward to hearing from you.


Thanks for your time.


Hanley Group LLC.

-----------------------

YOYOYO,

I received exactly same email except difference domain name(which was CastBallot.com). It reminds me of the previous fraud in which spammer was targetting domainers with the same technic and asking them to buy appraisal from his company website before he can make any offer to buy the domain.

Sam
 
If they ask you to get an appraisal then it's probably a scam.
 
I believe these offers to be genuine .. but serious lowball offers come back.

ie $1000 for a good LLL.com or $450 for a bad one ? way below reseller pricing. But I suppose if someone takes them up on it .., then they got themselves a bargain.
 
No news.

Haven't heard anything yet.

Sam
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom