• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Need Appraisal For "NN.ca" and "LLL.net"

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Packrat

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2002
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Have separate anonymous enquiries on the following domains:

1/ NN.ca where NN are two non sequential and different numbers
(example 46.ca)
2/ LLL.net where first LL are same letter. (example: mml.net)

Any opinion as to end user pricing would be appreciated.

Thanks...
 
read the rules, the domain name needs to be in the thread and you need to own the domain, how do you expect an appraisal? 18.ca is way better than 47.ca..same is true for the lll.net
 
I didn't want to post the actual domain name in case the potential
buyer is a dnf member. But if you won't sleep tonight without knowing,
the domains are 96.ca and llk.net :)
 
There is a long thread about this same question - NN.ca from just a day or two ago. That should point you in the right direction.
 
whitebark said:
There is a long thread about this same question - NN.ca from just a day or two ago. That should point you in the right direction.

Thanks but the only thread for number.ca's I found was for 3 number
domains.

Anyone care to take a shot at these domains??? Someone must be up
on 3 letter .net domains end user pricing.

Just noticed that kgh.net on SEDO is priced at 10K with 7 offers - lowball
of course. Also, my 96.ca has second highest traffic at SEDO for a numeric .ca
 
96.ca should be $2K - $3K approx as for your LLL.NET i have no idea what it is, general rule of thumb anywhere between $800 - $1400 (wholesale prices)
 
Packrat said:
I didn't want to post the actual domain name in case the potential
buyer is a dnf member. But if you won't sleep tonight without knowing,
the domains are 96.ca and llk.net :)

there you go :)
NNN.ca were just recently fully regged I believe, so their value is maybe low XXX, since there are 10 times fewer LL I would say low X.XXX, I dont see any special significance of 96 really, I am sure there are many uses, but its obviously not a 18 77 or 69 for that matter, I think 2K is probably a fair price..LLK.net is about 1K seller and 3-4K enduser
..but I cant sleep anyway..
 
domainah said:
there you go :)
NNN.ca were just recently fully regged I believe, so their value is maybe low XXX, since there are 10 times fewer LL I would say low X.XXX, I dont see any special significance of 96 really, I am sure there are many uses, but its obviously not a 18 77 or 69 for that matter, I think 2K is probably a fair price..LLK.net is about 1K seller and 3-4K enduser
..but I cant sleep anyway..

Many thanks Domainah! That's about what I had gathered. Thanks also to whitebark and dropwizard for pointing me to those .ca threads - much good information there.

I think that we Canadian domainers are quite optimistic about the future
of .ca's I'm getting many more enquiries now on my .ca's A year ago I was
selling my 3 letter .ca's for low xxx. Now i'm getting low xxxx.

Just for info I picked up 96.ca about a year and a half ago on a backorder
for $45!
 
Packrat said:
Just for info I picked up 96.ca about a year and a half ago on a backorder
for $45!

FYI not a brilliant move disclosing how much you paid especially if you're planning on selling here :horn:
 
Probably not - but I'll not be selling any of my .ca domains at wholesale.
I'll keep them till I die if need be and then my next of kin will be renewing
them :)
 
Packrat said:
Probably not - but I'll not be selling any of my .ca domains at wholesale.
I'll keep them till I die if need be and then my next of kin will be renewing
them :)

Now that's a BIG statement :ballchain:
 
maroulis said:
FYI not a brilliant move disclosing how much you paid especially if you're planning on selling here :horn:
What does it matter how much they paid for it? A motivated buyer would have a top price in mind for what they'd pay, and I don't think they'd care what the seller paid for it a year and a half ago. Prices change over time, and demand and supply will always determine the market value.
 
hugegrowth said:
What does it matter how much they paid for it? A motivated buyer would have a top price in mind for what they'd pay, and I don't think they'd care what the seller paid for it a year and a half ago. Prices change over time, and demand and supply will always determine the market value.

just because NNN.CA are sold out doesn't mean they are in high demand. Recent drop fetched below $250... if I understood correctly he's looking for $XXXX so IMO I said if that's the case don't disclose the $45 amount especially when this thread is searchable by Google index ;)
 
I still don't think it matters. Someone who comes in willing to pay x,xxx for a domain wouldn't back out because of what the seller originally paid. Domains that were hand regged for $10 sell all the time for hundreds or thousands. What does the buyer care, they just want the name and will pay what's it's worth to them.
 
maroulis said:
FYI not a brilliant move disclosing how much you paid especially if you're planning on selling here :horn:

I think we all have a pretty good idea what we pay for domains. What we sell for is a whole different issue and I have NEVER had anyone (serious buyer) try that angle on me.
 
I'll go on record as saying I've spent $6.95 on 90% of my domains. So if you ever buy a domain from me for more than $6.95... guess what -- chances are I'm making a profit. :becky:

To address the original request, I will say $750 on the LLL.net. I don't know about the .ca.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom