• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Need Domain Development ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainDame

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I acquired a pr5 domain about a month or so ago. The domain has the name of a college mascot in it. If you're familiar with Univ of MD college sports.... then you know the Maryland Terrapins.

I don't watch college sports and feel that I'm at a disadvantage in developing this domain. It could be a great fan site.

What are some of the different ways sports fan sites are structured?

Any help would be appreciated.
 
Might be a good idea to post the actual domain to get the best opinions.
 
I agree...I am from Maryland not far from the Terps campus...I may have some insight if I know the name.
 
And I... agree, too! :biggrin1: We can give you better opinions if we know what domain you are going to develop.
 
Okay. Sorry. The domain is www.terpwatch.com It's parked right now. I want to develop this so I won't lose the pr.

I want to do this the right way and not create some spammy site.

I like sports but I watch Pro sports, not college. I know the ladies basketball team is really popular right now because of their title win.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks everyone.
 
could always make it a forum/news site. I'm a big florida fan and many of us frequent a board called gatorcountry, which has recently been bought by scout.com

those type sites can become very popular if done well.. college sports has quite a rabid fan base.
 
Unless "terpwatch" or "terp" is an adopted colloquialism for that team in some way or another, then I fear I have not much hope. Nothing else springs to mind at all. Thanks for sharing the name.
 
The abbrv for the team is "The Terps". Sure, I'm missing an "S" but as a marylander, I picked up on it right away. As a matter of fact, I believe this domain was owned by someone from that campus. So, I know I'm on the right track.

Anyone else have some ideas?
 
could always make it a forum/news site. I'm a big florida fan and many of us frequent a board called gatorcountry, which has recently been bought by scout.com

those type sites can become very popular if done well.. college sports has quite a rabid fan base.

News site sounds good. Kinda relates to the "watch" portion of the domain.
 
up and coming stars, current rankings, game schedule.
 
The abbrv for the team is "The Terps". Sure, I'm missing an "S" but as a marylander, I picked up on it right away. As a matter of fact, I believe this domain was owned by someone from that campus. So, I know I'm on the right track.

Anyone else have some ideas?
Nice Pickup!

I instantly recall game night when I see "Terp".
And that's about 25 years ago.
The term "Terp" brings back nostalgic moment for me.

I think UM is the largest university in the world by the student counts
with branches all over the world.
So, domain will be more than just local followers.

As for development ideas, interview/talk with few UM students.
Ask them what they want to see.
Put up "coming soon" page with feedback form along with "what do you want to see on this site?".

It may be a good idea hiring UM students to pick up some campus news as it happens.

Good luck with domains:greensmilewinkgrin:
 
Thanks.

I knew it would be a good one.

I thought I would have to get a student. I may run an ad in the local paper.

Ok...I'm excited now :laugh:

Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom