• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Need to grab a domain but .org or .us

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
Hello Everyone......

I need to grab a domain ASAP, but need to know what is better to get a .us or the .org. If all things being the same, is a .us or .org better for reselling ?

What one has more value, from what I seen the .org would seem to have more value. But I can't say for sure, but need to know ASAP.

Thanks! Tim
 
woulnt go with any of them......com rules...

but if u have to make a choice i believe a .us would be more valuable than a .org...(that is if you intent to build it)...

US has the biggest market followed by the EU.....

most of the million dollor sites have 80% participation coming from the US

however, a .org would have a more universal appeal...you have a lot anti us feeling going around
 
It depends on the name, but not knowing the name I would go with the .org

If it is for commercial purposes .us
 
I can't give the name away, but I can say it should be very big indeed.

The .com, .net .biz, and .eu are gone, some one had them before all this I guess.

My choices are .us and, .org, and the .info is there.
 
well in that case .us would be my bet.....but anyways why not reg both...if you believe that they will make it big....confusion solved
 
Doesn't make any sense to me to register either. If the name needs to be memorable then the extension needs to be memorable as well. Choose another name with .com or risk a lot of your type-in traffic going to someone elses site.
 
I can also get the 3 word name in .net, I'm 110% there will be alot of type ins coming for it. May be that would be better, but it's long but is the right 3 words for it ?
 
How many characters are there in the 3 word .net name? If it's too long it won't be easy to remember and type in the address bar. I m not too sure whether you will get a good amount of type ins.
 
I got 4 domains for windows new photo format, with a 12:1 compression that is 2X the compression of jpeg.

If you read the ( Emerging Technologies-- Domains to Buy ), I put links to details about it. It looks like this one is the real deal, and will be in the new windows they are beta testing right now for release soon.

Let me know what you think of the domains, after you check out the other post.

It's called Windows Media Photo, the short is WMphoto you will see the short used at the links.

I got these 4 domains for it,

1) WMphoto.org WMphoto .org

2) WMphoto.us WMphoto .us

3) MyWMphoto.com My WMphoto .com

4) WindowsMediaPhoto.net Windows Media Photo .net

Windows will be using the format across all their programs and system, this time they will have RAW support built right it as well. With photo files getting so big, and windows rearch as well as them using specail printing paper for it.

People will be using it all the time, it will be like just plug your cam in and it works. Hardware makers will be supporting it across the broad, and jpeg 2000 never really got off the ground right. So I'm sure this new WMphoto format is a winner, please let me knew what you think of the domains I got and your thoughts.

Thanks! Tim
 
Why not get both?

I've sold both before.. I believe.. if memory serves, .org still performs better than .us in resale though. type in rates too.

My guess is only 25-30% of people in the US know about .us right now. whereas 80% or so a familiar and comfy with .org... but may confuse it for a charity organisation obviously.
 
Oops wrong post
 
I did get both see my last post, I got these 4 domains for windows new photo format with 12:1 compression. It's called Windows Media Photo, WMphoto is the short for it this will be on all new windows system going ahead......

1) WMphoto.org

2) WMphoto.us

3) MyWMphoto.com

4) WindowsMediaPhoto.net

I'm still hoping to get some thoughts, on the domains I got.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom