• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed .Net with traffic

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manu

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2002
Messages
440
Reaction score
0
How much do you guys feel a domain with traffic ( ranked 3,000,000 in alexa + 506 links in all major search engines with 202 in Google ) is worth?

domain: 8cube.net

thanks in advance !
 
The traffic stats does does not indicate much traffic. OV shows 0 searches for this domain. Even though, it has 504 links to it, it does not necessarily mean that all 504 links are valid. Sometimes the site's previous pages get caught up in that calculation and one site that do have a link to this domain can appear multiple times. Better to check them personally before relying on any stats.

Personally, I would most like pay a little bit over reg fee for this, since the name itself is not worth anything.

Good luck!
 
I almost exclusively buy and sell "linked" domains. I do not come up with the same number of links you do. Regardless, the links I found were concentrated on just 1 or 2 sites, that did not look like heavy hitters and were not spread out very evenly among engines.

For checking, I searched for "8cube.net" (not "www.8cube.net" at:
http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/link-popularity/

This is the most useful way I have found for checking.

I also don't put much stock in Alexa rankings. 3 million translates into minimal traffic at best. It does have a little extra value in having been related to hosting.

At eBay, I would expect this domain to sell between $15-20 if you are lucky and describe it well.
 
This domain name doesn't have much value. Most of the links on Google come from the same web site.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom