Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Netfirms.com - Why I left...and will never go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that i really do believe...netfirms should have a thread on its own. For people to discuss some horrific customer support service and the terrible platform they have if you are a domainer.

I would like to say that i have had many bad experiences with Netfirms and i want to share with everyone what those are.

A few months back i had a few problems with customer support in which they took weeks to respond when i wanted to do CIRA transfers. Since when you hand register a new .ca with Netfirms (most of you canadians know this) you automatically create a NEW Cira account. So each time you register you have another account. More logins and more passwords to deal with. So each time i did this, i would have to request by email to get it sent to a CIRA account which holds all my .ca domains.

After doing this several times...I realized netfirms isn't cut out for the .ca biz. They took approximately 1-2 weeks to do this. When you are a domainer and you have many accounts being registered etc, you cannot wait this long for a simple process. Especially when you have to CONFIRM each time when this process happens.

Anyways, i wrote netfirms a few emails. A couple went to management and i decided for the sake of simplicity and the horrific customer support that exists there that i would just go ahead and transfer all my domains to namespro.

Namespro does not have this problem, when you create a new account you can simply choose to allow it to register on the SAME cira account. Problem solved. They have amazing customer support and i no longer have issues anymore.

Except for the fact i still have 1 domain that is registered with netfirms that is a .asia. I have not transferred and figured i would not. So today i go ahead and login to netfirms to find out that they still show 2 of my .ca's that i have already transferred in netfirms.

What i will be posting now is a live chat conversation with Netfirms and myself. Although i was a little harsh, you have to understand my frustration with netfirms over the past few months.

Netfirms Live Chat Discussion
Welcome to the Netfirms Live Sales Chat! A Sales Representative will assist you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Ryan'
Ryan: Hello, thank you for contacting us. How may I help you today?
Customer: Hello, i transferred 2 domains from netfirms and they still show in my netfirms account.
Customer: I am unable to delete them.
Ryan: I will be right with you.
Ryan: What error message do you get when you try to delete them
Customer: Cannot delete. Domain is registered by Netfirms.
Ryan: What is the domain name?
Customer: $$$$$$$.ca and $$$$$$$$.ca
Ryan: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Ryan: The domains cannot be deleted
Ryan: they are registered with us and still active.
Customer: no they are not
Customer: check the whois
Customer: i transferred them a month ago
Ryan: I still see them
Customer: i don't care if you see them. Check the whois , they are NOT with netfirms.
Ryan: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Ryan: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Ryan: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Customer: I want you to delete the domains out of netfirms.
Customer: You haven't solved my problem.
Ryan: I have explained to you that the domains cannot be deleted as they are registered and currently active with Netfirms. You have stated that
you do not care what I see and have chosen not to agree. I know not how else I may help you.
Customer: I think you are choosing to not help me. I told you to check the WHOIS on the domain.
Customer: Domain Search: Status: EXIST Registrar: Namespro Solutions Inc. Registrar-no: 999999 Registrant-no: 999999 Domaine-no: 999999 Subdomain: $$$$$$$$.ca
Customer: NS1-Hostname: ns1.namespro.ca NS1-Netaddress: 74.52.83.210 NS2-Hostname: ns2.namespro.ca NS2-Netaddress: 74.52.61.50
Customer: Please explain how this is active on netfirms when i change info from namespro?
Ryan: I will be right with you.
Customer: I am being impatient because this is the type of customer support i got and led me to transfer to namespro.
I think i know when a domain has been transferred. I think CIRA knows which registrar a domain is with. It is not my problem that your platform
shows otherwise. That's why i am here. To resolve the issue.
Ryan: I have made the required adjustments. You may now delete the domains.
Ryan: You are very welcome.
Ryan: Thank you for contacting our Sales and Info chat service. Have a great day!
Remember to check out our comprehensive knowledgebase at http://support.netfirms.com

I hope this information helps you all to make the best decision possible when choosing a registrar!

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about choosing netfirms, but now I understand that it isn't a good idea after all. They're cheap though.

namemojo

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Didn't someone once say, you get what you pay for. Thanks for sharing investor.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have said it before: do not expect red carpet treatment from a registrar that sells domains at a loss. At one point registerfly looked great too :)

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for sharing and good luck to all with choosing the registrar.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still get renewal emails for domains I sold/transfered over a year ago... their system is seriously flawed... I could even still log in and see the domains in the account, even though they were transfered to another registrar...:eek:

fortunately they would not allow me to change any of the settings or details...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom