Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

netsol response

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawpal

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am just posting this to see if any of you have had similar experiences, and to see if any of you have any advice regarding the same. (?) Are they soo ****ing stupid that they actually think I am going to contact the registrant of an expired domain, and remind them it is expired in order to have them sell the domain to me, when instead netsol should delete the name and release it to the general public (and me - via snapnames)? I am soo frustrated I am afraid I am, or someone else is, going to go postal one of these days. :D

--- Original Message ---

Received: 10/16/2002 02:10pm Central Standard Time (GMT - 5:00 )
To: [email protected]
Subject: NSI-hosted Other

name: **************
comment: The registration for the domain name *******************.com expired November 1, 2001. I used snapnames to register the name. Despite repeated requests made by me to Network Solutions to delete the name from the database of registered names, because the registration is expired for almost a year (!), no action has been taken by network solutions to resolve this matter. Inasmuch as Verisign/Network Solutions and SnapNames.com are the same companies, it is my opinion that your refusal to release the expired domain name **************.com, while simultaneously charging for snapnames snapback service, constitutes fraud, and if action is not taken to remedy this matter by releasing this domain name I will take all steps available by law to pursue a claim for the same against all applicable parties.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Here is the response I received:

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting VeriSign.

VeriSign, Inc., periodically deletes domain names that are up
for deletion in bulk since bulk deletion better enables us to
insure that only those domain names that are actually up for
deletion are properly deleted (as compared to running a deletion
process).

The dates on which these bulk deletions occur are arbitrarily
selected by our engineering department based upon system loading and other technical factors. In order to protect against
an overload of our systems, we do not disclose these deletion dates.

You may, therefore, either continue to check our site for the
availability of the domain name and attempt to obtain it through
the public registration process, contact http://www.snapnames.com
to attempt to back-order this domain, or, in the alternative, contact the listed registrant directly and discuss the possibility of
executing a registrant name change agreement.

To visit our WHOIS database to locate registrant information for
a domain, please go to:

http://www.netsol.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois

Best regards,

Belinda002
VeriSign, Inc.
www.networksolutions.com

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL.... I am on the same level as you are and I strongly believe that most of the people here are as well. We are all fed up with NSI. I recieved that EXACT same response to five different questions. That "Belinda002" is just a bot that keeps sending out these messages. We should seriously form a goup of some kind and take action against Verisign for the good of all, for this has just gone way too far.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So are we doing this or what? I think we need a bigger post for this. Better yet, a whole site on this issue would be great to draw up a class action law suit.

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how bout we get a list ofnsi employees and families and run the zone file on the names reged by them

could be interesting

belinda would have trouble explaining that

just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators