Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

netsol Netsol ripping off the peopple !!!

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Network Solutions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
to make it fast and clear:

1. my domain quietly expiring at Netsol and i can't be bothered to renew..
2. one unacknowledged geezer founded, seeing- domain expired, thought he will get it and clicked @ renew the domain
3. entered cc, domain was renewed for 5 yrs for 99$
4. domain promptly renewed in my account
5. geezer not happy,calling us, emailing the support, they have responded, that no refund, anyone can renew for anybody

i wonder how many unacknowledged people has been ripped off like that!

p.s. lucky geezer, I've finally sold him that name :frog:

BEWARE!
supports respond if more info needed:

Dear Mike -,

Thank you for contacting Network Solutions. We are committed to creating the best customer experience possible. One of the first ways we can demonstrate our commitment to this goal is to quickly and efficiently respond to your recent e-mail.

We are sorry but the website interface makes it very clear if you are PURCHASING or RENEWING a particular domain name. Before you even submit any transaction, it gives you an overview as to what you will be paying for. Once you confirm it, it is in the understanding that the payment is final. The only recourse here would be to contact the owner.

We hope this information has been helpful. However, if you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department.

As a Network Solutions customer, you are entitled to unlimited access, day or night, to technically skilled customer service representatives who are dedicated to delivering any level of support you may need. To reach us, call 1-888-642-9675. If you are calling from outside the U.S. or Canada, please call 1-570-708-8788. Or, e-mail us at [email protected].

If you do need to contact us to discuss this issue further, please refer to Service Request # 1-227613882.

Sincerely,

Thank you for contacting Network Solutions. We are committed to creating the best customer experience possible. One of the first ways we can demonstrate our commitment to this goal is to quickly and efficiently respond to your recent e-mail.

We have received and reviewed your email. Please know that we genuinely want to help you in this matter. We regret that once a domain name is registered, you cannot change it or "un-register" it. We do not refund our renewal fees, and the registration period cannot be shortened or cancelled. However, when the registration period is over, you can choose not to renew the name.

We hope this information has been helpful. However, if you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department.

As a Network Solutions customer, you are entitled to unlimited access, day or night, to technically skilled customer service representatives who are dedicated to delivering any level of support you may need. To reach us, call 1-888-642-9675. If you are calling from outside the U.S. or Canada, please call 1-703-742-0914. Or, e-mail us at [email protected].

If you do need to contact us to discuss this issue further, please refer to Service Request # 1-227753665.

Sincerely,

Jasmine002
Network Solutions Customer Support

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does your "making it fast and quick" not make any sense?

I am gathering you had a name ready to expire, but someone else renewed it for you? He then contacted Netsol saying he renewed for someone else and wanted a refund?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Renewed :blah:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL that is too funny...What a joke. You should have asked Netsol what if someone renewed your name and disputed the charge, what would happen to your name? They shouldn't hold it against you.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
LOL that is too funny...What a joke. You should have asked Netsol what if someone renewed your name and disputed the charge, what would happen to your name? They shouldn't hold it against you.

I think I'm going to test that. :smash:

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That story made my day lol

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How is Netsol ripping off the people... It clearly states RENEW. If one poor soul think that means ownership then thats too bad for him. There's not much to complain about or thrash the company, you've doubly benefited from it.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Trentino said:
How is Netsol ripping off the people... It clearly states RENEW. If one poor soul think that means ownership then thats too bad for him. There's not much to complain about or thrash the company, you've doubly benefited from it.

yeah, it says- renew, coz domain is expired, so you can renew !, if somebody renewed for me, think, there is lots like him :)

VisualDigits said:
That story made my day lol

yeah, i had thoughts to put this tread in to the gold forums/humors!!

best of luck, cheers!

:frusty:

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just cause some idgit pays your renewal fee doesn't mean that Netsol ripped anybody off.

I would question the motives of the guy who paid the renewal fee though. Sometimes people will renew a name (they don't own) to pull it away from other drop catchers.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Just cause some idgit pays your renewal fee doesn't mean that Netsol ripped anybody off.

I would question the motives of the guy who paid the renewal fee though. Sometimes people will renew a name (they don't own) to pull it away from other drop catchers.

hhmm, you think too far..:)

this is not the case, the name not worth NS reg fee and
the"geezer" was just a normal/unacknowledged definitely.

Toker

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Angelx666 said:
hhmm, you think too far..:)

this is not the case, the name not worth NS reg fee and
the"geezer" was just a normal/unacknowledged definitely.

What are ya paying for renewal or new domains??
U can get them there for $8.25 ya know..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom