Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

netsol Netsol STILL sucks

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Network Solutions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
need i say more?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I transferred a domain outta there with no problem.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know it's an old thread, but I had a question. Does Netsol provide any special catering to the "high rollers" when handling there domains? I assume the reason they have a lot of high profile names is because they were all registered back in the day when Netsol was one of the only options, but is there a reason users still choose to pay their high yearly fees opposed to another registrar?

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a Gold VIP :) Not much :( But it answers your question :)

Gold VIP Program

Congratulations, you are a member of our Gold VIP program!

The Gold VIP program is for our most valued customers. As a member, you'll enjoy these great benefits:
Premier Customer Service

* A dedicated team of Gold VIP customer service representatives will be available to you - anytime - day or night.
* Frequent status updates on any open issues that our dedicated team is in the process of resolving for you.
* Exclusive access to your Gold VIP customer service team by phone, e-mail and fax:

Exclusive Offers

As a Gold VIP, you have access to special offers not available to other Network Solutions customers.

Offers currently available include:

* $7.95 per year to transfer your domain name registrations to Network Solutions
* 50% off E-mailboxes and catch-all E-mail
* 50% off build-it-yourself Web sites
* Up to 50% off Private Registration - Volume Discount
* 5 domains for $75 per year, each comes with free web forwarding

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems they are losing more and more names each month according to webhosting.info. Maybe they should rethink their business prices to compete with the other registrars?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hardly surprising when you look at their insane renewal prices. As you suggest jdk, they must have the brains of a rocking horse when it comes to competitive marketing.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
Hardly surprising when you look at their insane renewal prices. As you suggest jdk, they must have the brains of a rocking horse when it comes to competitive marketing.

I wouldn't rule NetSol out just yet. They have a *massive* base of ignorant customers who not only don't know any better, but also prefer not to know any better.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was reading their site once and I believe they charge from transferring a name from one account to another. Either they do everything by hand and need to modernize their techniques to lower their prices or need to compete with others.

I have to admit there are some who will pay the premium just because they have other names there and don't feel like trying someone else out.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I was reading their site once and I believe they charge from transferring a name from one account to another. Either they do everything by hand and need to modernize their techniques to lower their prices or need to compete with others.

I have to admit there are some who will pay the premium just because they have other names there and don't feel like trying someone else out.

I know a handful of non-domainers that use NetSol and against all logic, refuse to use any other registrar no matter what they hear.

The "hand transfer" thing you mention is kind of funny, considering NetSol helped fraudulently transfer what is arguably the most valuable domain name in the system (sex.com).

Later in court they stated their TOS limits domain names in value to $6 and they therefore, only owe the registrant $6 due to that particular feat of negligence.

Doesn't really sound like a registrar I'd want to keep domains with any value at.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've trasferred domains within accounts at NetSol for free. No Problem.

Of course they're all going somewhere else when it comes to renewal :)

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
WARNING!
Netsol definitely sucks!

no email responds, something definitely weird going on up there:
i have renewed domain, ccard charged, my acc still in warnings for renewals, renewed only coz wasn't able to transfer out without sending them copy of id, and still i dono if it is promptly renewed!!!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators