• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Network Solutions Certified Offer? Should i accept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2005
Messages
2,226
Reaction score
8
Network Solutions Certified Offer? Should i accept?
I just recieved a good offer thru Network Solutions Certified Offer service for one of my domain names. Would you accept it? I have heard a lot of bad things about NetSol and have not liked them in the past. Has anyone here sold a domain thru a Certified Offer and how did it go?
The funny thing is that on my domain i currently have it set up for sedo parking and it has the Sedo "For Sale" banner on it yet they made the offer thru NetSol. does that seem fishy?
Thanks in advance
Erin
 
Network Solutions gets payment in full from a buyer before a certified offer is forwarded to the owner. The offer is good; NetSol has already secured the buyer's funds! And the total time of the transaction and transfer of ownership--excepting what may happen now with these new EPP Auth. Codes!--is very fast. One problem is the wait for your check to arrive and the other problem is payment by check!
 
Network Solutions gets payment in full from a buyer before a certified offer is forwarded to the owner.

I understand that the buyer only pays deferred charges to NetSol if the offer is accepted. An example below taken directly from the NetSol email for the purchase of a 15k domain:

Current Charges
Certified Offer Service Fee: $19.00 USD

Deferred Charges
Offer Amount: $15,000.00 USD
5% Transaction Fee: $750.00 USD

You are authorizing Network Solutions® to apply the deferred charges to your credit card if the offer is accepted.

You will receive an update on the status of your Certified Offer each day for 10 days or until there is a response from the Seller. You will be notified immediately if your offer is accepted or rejected.
 
Live and Learn...wasn't aware of this service...will have to learn more....
 
I understand that the buyer only pays deferred charges to NetSol if the offer is accepted.

Well, I've placed offers on domains through this service before and the funds were immediately pulled from my account, long before any owners even received the offers.
 
I have made about five sales through the Netsol certified offer system in the $200 to to $600 price range.

Payment processing is a bit slow and awkward as I live outside the US, but it is an acceptable alternative if other payment methods aren't offered/available.

Have never made a big sale through the certified offer system though.
 
I sold one with no problem, the other one the NSI service couldnt read my whois info so deal fell through, on the one i sold i got the check within 2 weeks. I beleive many endusers are very comfortable using the NSI service as opposed to other services
 
And a buyer can pay a few bucks more for the "private" registration thereby insuring that no one ever knows who he/she/they were.
 
Thanks guys for you help. I had herd something about them taking a fee out but its good to hear that its from the buyer and not the seller. Otherwise I def would not want a commission charged to me before i even sold the domain.
I will keep you guy posted. its a very good offer for one of my .org names too!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom