Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Network Solutions Renegs on FREE TRANSFER/YEAR Offer. Is this legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
I agree that it will be silly for Netsol to give free 1 year registrant top-ups to resellers who move from registrar to registrar like nomads in the parched desert looking for water . I'm sure they know that those reseller names won't be buying any other services like enhanced DNS, web-hosting or email services - but just squat there like silent vultures waiting to move to the next opportunistic carcass.

Beautiful, absoloutely beautiful... :) :)

cjmacd

iwebwork.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ddent

Beautiful, absoloutely beautiful... :) :)

my sentiments exactly

actually I've had a good experience transferring to netsol.

I had that initial problem where 50 names were rejected, stating that I had to sign up for a wholesalers / resellers account (I forget what they called it)

I did that and then for some reason those names went through

it was a little bit of a battle to get a lot of my names transferred some times I had to request 3 times or more

I actually had enom reject all my transfers going out and put a reg lock on them. I fixed that and later managed to transfer them

All things said and done;

I now have 206 domains in my network solution account

At an apparent retail cost of $19 x 206 $3914 at an actual cost of 6 x $19 or $1254

I've transferred a few out and to be honest I'm very impressed with NetSols customer service

Even when you don't have access to the VIP line they still address all problems within 24 hours.

Time will tell, but as of right now I like their service.

You can get low reseller pricing however, I was quoted $7.95, which is quite low for netsol :) but even at that price with other registrars I can do better and probably will pull there.

I would recommend people to use netsol if they are an end user because of their service. And end users want to pay more because they feel there is more security in it. That’s how it works usually.

But for resellers and huge volume or moderate volume in my case
19 per domain can get expensive.
Tying in with Moles comments it’s very true I will be moving within a number of months:)

But that’s the life of the domain reseller :D

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with Mole.

Netsol imo is "fair"

There are far worse.

Not a registrar but, try regfly :dead:
"FlySupport" is an oxymoron btw = )

Besides, NSI cateres to the small to large business.

Their aim is not geared towards resellers.
You can manage domains in the new CP rather well, and generally, companies arent transfering thier prorfolio form one registrar to another every few months.

And another bonus, which was my first attraction to NSI (back in the day), they have a wonderful site design.

design +the price + extensive advertising made me feel (long ago and still somewhat) that you are buying quality.

Most know, long ago, NSI was not quality :)

Their site design works wonders on me though : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom