Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
NDD Camp 2024

Never , Never use Friendfinder.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
crooks! crooks! crooks!

Avoid at all costs.

After sending them thousands of signups at their $1 for men and $2 fro women they sent me this note:

So my large revenue that they reported and offerered to convert is now under $10 once converted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Adam,

A recent analysis of your traffic indicates your performance has fallen below the requirements of the Pay Per Click (or Per Member) program. In accordance with Section 5 of the Affiliate Network Agreement, we have the right to convert you to the percentage program. However, because your traffic performance is only slightly below the minimums required of the PPC (or Per Member) program, you have the option to:

Be converted to the percentage program, and have your earnings adjusted accordingly, OR
Forego payment on your account for one month and work with one of Traffic Doctors to improve your traffics performance*.

Exercising this option does not guarantee that you will be paid under the terms of PPC (or Per Member) program in one month. However, if your traffic quality reaches the minimums required under the program, your earnings to date will carry forward.

Shauna A.

FriendFinder Affiliate Manager
[email protected]
800-388-0760
http://friendfinder.com/go/pa

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And everyone thinks PPA/PPS/PPwhatever you want to call it could or will be a good thing. FF/AFF etc is a huge network of sites. People will come and go and continue to send them traffic for years to come and they will keep doing things of this sort. As I've said before who's watching their books? How do you as the traffic provider know if they are honestly reporting their sales or not? It can't be done. Cookies can be changed, scripts can't monitor sales activity unless they are going to allow it to be done and the traffic is filtered through only one provider. It would be a logistical nightmare.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thqnk you for the warning DCG
Have you tried Tangowire ?
They regularly send send me checks for my dating.org.nz with no effort on my part at all

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JOEMART said:
Thqnk you for the warning DCG
Have you tried Tangowire ?
They regularly send send me checks for my dating.org.nz with no effort on my part at all

Thanks Joemart,

I will look at them.

-=DCG=-

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameMogul.com said:
And everyone thinks PPA/PPS/PPwhatever you want to call it could or will be a good thing.

I think this is exactly what is wrong with PPA. Let's take a look at it this way.

Do we as consumers have the option to say to the electric company?:

"Well, even though you sent electricity this month, I wasn't completely satisfied with the quality of service, the price and the voltage type, as I had to convert voltages due to the various devices I am running on my property, therefore I'm only going to pay you X amount instead of XX amount."

Domains are not dissimilar to small utilities. They provide a commodity in the form of traffic. When we hand over all of the control to the advertisers, we are only setting ourselves up for lower compensation in the long run.

I think PPA can provide higher returns in certain instances and for certain high quality domains, but if you're looking across the board, across dozens, 100s, or 1000s of domains, your overall revenue will likely be a lot less if you begin to rely on PPA based publishing.

The only thing that worries me is in the future we may not have a choice other than PPA based publishing.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
financialtraffic said:
The only thing that worries me is in the future we may not have a choice other than PPA based publishing.

Don't worry there's no way PPC can go away. I prefer to call it PFP Pay-For-Positioning. We need to move the advertiser away from thinking they are only bidding those prices for traffic. When in fact they are bidding those prices to be the first results in a search engine or to be displayed in a banner on related sites. PPA/PPS is what the guys on the remaining pages pay and play. The way I see it is you either pay for PPC or you gamble on SEO. Even if you win at SEO you still can't get ahead of the PFP and you aren't guaranteed to keep that status.

I refuse to run an affiliate program on a site. I don't trust any numbers cruncher to be honest with their reporting. If they want to be on my site it's either a fixed price, PPC or CPM . I decided this way before PPC what it is now.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, please don't even get me started...I have had similiar issues with FABULOUS and CJ.com

hope it works out dude, these guys can only be trusted as far as you can throw em'

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have also noticed this trend with friendfinder.com and adultfriendfinder.com One dollar for so and so is what they claim but you end up recieving a penny if nothing is purchased. It's bogus.

D

Deleted member 4749

DotComGod said:
crooks! crooks! crooks!

Avoid at all costs.

After sending them thousands of signups at their $1 for men and $2 fro women they sent me this note:

So my large revenue that they reported and offerered to convert is now under $10 once converted.

Dear Adam,

A recent analysis of your traffic indicates your performance has fallen below the requirements of the Pay Per Click (or Per Member) program. In accordance with Section 5 of the Affiliate Network Agreement, we have the right to convert you to the percentage program. However, because your traffic performance is only slightly below the minimums required of the PPC (or Per Member) program, you have the option to:

Be converted to the percentage program, and have your earnings adjusted accordingly, OR
Forego payment on your account for one month and work with one of Traffic Doctors to improve your traffics performance*.

Exercising this option does not guarantee that you will be paid under the terms of PPC (or Per Member) program in one month. However, if your traffic quality reaches the minimums required under the program, your earnings to date will carry forward.

Shauna A.

[email protected]
800-388-0760

Tell them you own this forum and will publicize your experience to the level beyond their imagination.

gariben

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tell them you own this forum and will publicize your experience to the level beyond their imagination.

do they care? they get millions and millions of visitors a day

it's like DNF complaining about Google Adsense, Microsoft, etc. etc.

anyways, thanks for sharing the info

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Based on what I can tell.. we as a group have A LOT OF SITES.. we also have a lot of friends that have sites... SPREAD THE WORD. It's sort of like a union. Apart we have no power, together... well.... I think DCG or DNF should keep track of how many sites we as a group control, they ask it at signup but I keep adding sites, so my numer is low...

Steve

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Was this through Penpals.com ?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
crooks! crooks! crooks!

Avoid at all costs.

Dear Adam,

Shauna A.

[email protected]
800-388-0760

Why did you use them again after the did this to you last year?
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=46900

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe he is just bringing it up again.. :eek:

(Good job using the search feature!)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Commission Junction. I CAUGHT them - red handed - commiting fraud against me last year on their eHarmoney promotion. After sending thousands of users there with Zero signups, I used my link to click through and sign up myself -- and was never paid. Their 'Customer NoSupport' people said they would look into it, and never did. I cornered one of thelir execs at Pubcon last year - she said 'I'll take your card and get back to you'... never heard from her again.

It's sad to see so much fraud against publishers.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
Sounds like Commission Junction. I CAUGHT them - red handed - commiting fraud against me last year on their eHarmoney promotion. After sending thousands of users there with Zero signups, I used my link to click through and sign up myself -- and was never paid. Their 'Customer NoSupport' people said they would look into it, and never did. I cornered one of thelir execs at Pubcon last year - she said 'I'll take your card and get back to you'... never heard from her again.

It's sad to see so much fraud against publishers.

The problem is who did it? Was it CJ that didn't report it or was it eHarmony? Or both? You'll never know. They have a term for PPC called "shaving" I would imagine this goes on in the PPA world aswell. Only the shaving here can be much more lucrative for those doing the shaving. Think about getting all that traffic and exposure for free for one. Then the advertiser who receives it does a little shaving on sales here and there, the middle man does a little shaving reports here and there, and you the traffic provider get your throat cut!

Either way PPA will never be on my sites or domains. I might be losing income because of it but atleast I won't be making the rich get richer off my traffic.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameMogul.com said:
The problem is who did it? Was it CJ that didn't report it or was it eHarmony? Or both? You'll never know. They have a term for PPC called "shaving" I would imagine this goes on in the PPA world aswell. Only the shaving here can be much more lucrative for those doing the shaving. Think about getting all that traffic and exposure for free for one. Then the advertiser who receives it does a little shaving on sales here and there, the middle man does a little shaving reports here and there, and you the traffic provider get your throat cut!

Either way PPA will never be on my sites or domains. I might be losing income because of it but atleast I won't be making the rich get richer off my traffic.

It's sort of like trying to determine who did the stickup and who drove the getaway car -- They are BOTH guilty.

I wrote to both eHarmony and Commission Junction several times, with extreme detail including the click URL, domain name, time/date (down to the EXACT MINUTE), and the account ID created. EHarmony didn't respond AT ALL, and Commission Junction gave me the "we'll get back to you" over and over. It's now been over a year. I haven't checked lately, but for months after this the eHarmony "partnership" was still advertised on the Commission Junction site. That's FRAUD, plain and simple.

Of course I also have my credit card bill and all supporting documentation ready to go in case the want to make an issue out of me exposing Commission Junction fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators