Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld new auction site with a bit of a twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While not specific to dotcas http://www.dncountdown.com has an interesting twist to selling domain names - the dutch auction way. I listed a dotcom and just trying it out. Not a whole lot of activity on the site yet but maybe something to watch. It would be nice if someone set something up like this for just dotca's.

Cheers
Phil

domainufo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not use a dutch auction domains?

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw that the other day. They need to get rid of the Google Adsense, not very professional. I remember also looking for something like an About Us page. Not seeing it unless I'm missing it. I like to know who's behind these sites. So some work to be done.

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting concept.

Reaction score
I saw that the other day. They need to get rid of the Google Adsense, not very professional. I remember also looking for something like an About Us page. Not seeing it unless I'm missing it. I like to know who's behind these sites. So some work to be done.

I'm behind the site. Would you rather I replaced adsense with a paid advertising banner? What would you like to know in an 'about us' section? I'm open to suggestions. Remember though that there is no cost to use the site.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm behind the site. Would you rather I replaced adsense with a paid advertising banner? What would you like to know in an 'about us' section? I'm open to suggestions. Remember though that there is no cost to use the site.

Just with Adsense, it's something I see a lot of affiliates using and few merchants. Usually when an affiliate sees a merchant using it, the thinking is the main business must not be doing so well for them to put that up. I use Adsense on pages if the affiliate links aren't converting well. Your core business should be bringing in the main money, Adsense is more nickel and dime type stuff.

About Us page, even something simple like what Bido has - http://www.bido.com/Info/About+Us and some of the links below on that page. For me personally and I think a lot of people, they want to know who's behind the sites they're putting their domains on. Even other sites I've asked about like cax.com. If you get to that site from let's say a search engine, it's a horrible setup. There's no about us, no privacy policy, no terms of service, no info on how to submit etc. I think you get more of that info if you get there thru domaining.com. But go to that site straight, type in, search engine, link from another site. There's just nothing there explaining anything.

Reaction score
Ok thanks I'll take that into consideration. However the privacy policy, terms of service, and how the auctions work are in the menu bar and the footer. Along with being linked from images on the front page. Thanks for your comments.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks I'll take that into consideration. However the privacy policy, terms of service, and how the auctions work are in the menu bar and the footer. Along with being linked from images on the front page. Thanks for your comments.

Sorry about that, I was talking about cax.com with that. That site needs an overhaul. I should have put that in it's own thread. You have all that, which is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom