Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

fabulous New Fabulous DnForum Account

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Fabulous.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabulous.com

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

As you may have heard, Mike Robertson (AKA Mike Fabulous) is leaving us at the end of this week. We’re sure he’ll do well wherever he ends up.

Mike has done a sterling job in representing Fabulous.com on DnForum and we will follow suit by participating here using this account.

To provide the best and fastest support we will make this a shared account, with a number of us posting under the Fabulous.com name. That said, let me introduce you to a few people you’re likely to see:

• Pete Stevenson our COO
• Cam Bell our Customer Care Manager
• Ben Stewart our Senior Account Manager
• Katherine Bell our Account Manager
• Andrew Wright – Sales and Marketing Manager

We look forward to working with you all, let us know if you have any questions or compliments ;)

Cheers

The Fabulous Team

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Mike's more popular than Paul Hogan and Kylie Minogue combined :D Many thanks to Team Fab for a great service.

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike's more popular than Paul Hogan and Kylie Minogue combined :D Many thanks to Team Fab for a great service.

I'm actually Paul and Kylie's love child. :p

Wasn't M(ike) President? :lol:

Contrary to popular belief, I was not the owner of Fabulous.com, nor was my real name Mike Fabulous. I've had a name change here, to Mike Robertson and look forward to still being an active member and sharing what new and exciting things I plan to bring to the domain industry.

Watch this space!

Mike

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good Luck Mike.... count me in :yo:

datamerc

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fabulous has been the best registrar, hands down. I just received an email about a partnership with eNom - hopefully everything will stay as good as it has been!

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The email was very sparse on details.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom sucks.

Fabulous.com

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Unless you know from our email that Fabulous and eNom have partnered, you may not even notice. The admin is still Fabulous, the Registrar is still Fabulous, prices won't change etc.

The partnership enables us to implement eNom technology that optimizes our backend, gives us access to a wider range of TLDs and enhances or aftermarket sales program to name a few.

There's a lot on the cards moving forwards and we're all pretty excited about what Fabulous is going to be able to offer you guys.

If you've got any specific questions or concerns, feel free to hit me up directly: c.bell at fabulous dot com

Cheers,

-Cam

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hi Cam - Several blogs released speculations about the subsequent independence of Fabulous. Thanks for disbursing the rumors.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The partnership enables us to implement eNom technology that optimizes our backend, gives us access to a wider range of TLDs and enhances or aftermarket sales program to name a few.
In plain English, does that mean more TLDs will be offered but Fabulous will be a reseller of Enom for these ? I want to be sure that Enom will have no involvement whatsoever about the domains we keep at Fabulous :)

Fabulous.com

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still trying to find out how Fabulous has domains they (or BlueSky) own listed for sale as premium domains when checking availability at Godaddy, and if that is available to domainers or only a special deal for Fab?

Hi David,

This is a special deal we have with Godaddy for the Dark Blue Sea owned portfolio - unfortunately this service is not available to our Fabulous.com customers.

does that mean more TLDs will be offered but Fabulous will be a reseller of Enom for these ?

Hi Katherine,

We will keep you informed of any new extensions and how they become available. Some new extensions will be added under the Fabulous Registrar. This partnership also gives us the ability to leverage other available TLDs offered by eNom if there is customer demand.

Cheers

Andrew

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi David, This is a special deal we have with Godaddy for the Dark Blue Sea owned portfolio - unfortunately this service is not available to our Fabulous.com customers.

It certainly is a powerful deal for Fab (and I imagine Fab already sold tons of names there) since GD has over a 50% market share and I bet an even larger percentage who use GD for their Whois.

If there is a secret to domain sales I suspect getting the names listed as a premium domain available via GD and offered for sale by GD upon doing a Whois is the key.

That alone appears to be a grest reason to move domains to GD but the time consuming and tedious required auth code process involving lots of names is a huge obstacle to transfers.

Too bad other places such as Moniker do not enter into such a partnership with GD. Some time ago there was talk they were doing so but never heard about it again :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators