Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

New to DNF - old timer (bar.com, place.com, company.com, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeOConnor

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi gang,

I've been lurking for a while, but got prompted into saying "hi" by the little gizmo at the top of my screen.

I got a gaggle of generic names back in the pre-web days (when they were free). Got a little bit famous in the mid-90's when I turned down $50k from CNet for television.com. I still have a piece of that one and we're working on a project with it...

I sold a couple -- company.com and ing.com -- so I'm in the "seven-figures club" from domain-name sales...

I have a project under way with one -- corp.com -- which we're bringing up as a boutique registry aimed at business-types who missed their name in the .com space. so, you missed acme.com, you could get acme.corp.com instead. Read all about it at the Corp.com registry site.

And the rest (bar.com, pub.com, grill.com, place.com, cafes.com, haven.com are the bestest of the lot) are parked at PPC sites waiting for me to do something with them.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Hi all!

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MikeOConnor said:

Nice story indeed.
Welcome aboard :)

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
some good names.. real good names.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike O'Connor welcome to the Forum
Hope you will have enough time to stick around in here.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to DNF! Hopefully, you will be active and we can hear more of your experiences.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MikeOConnor said:
Hi gang,

I've been lurking for a while, but got prompted into saying "hi" by the little gizmo at the top of my screen.

I got a gaggle of generic names back in the pre-web days (when they were free). Got a little bit famous in the mid-90's when I turned down $50k from CNet for television.com. I still have a piece of that one and we're working on a project with it...

I sold a couple -- company.com and ing.com -- so I'm in the "seven-figures club" from domain-name sales...

I have a project under way with one -- corp.com -- which we're bringing up as a boutique registry aimed at business-types who missed their name in the .com space. so, you missed acme.com, you could get acme.corp.com instead. Read all about it at the Corp.com registry site.

And the rest (bar.com, pub.com, grill.com, place.com, cafes.com, haven.com are the bestest of the lot) are parked at PPC sites waiting for me to do something with them.

Welcome Mike - great names :)

- Rob

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike, Welcome to DNF!

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

An official "Welcome to the forum!" for finally becoming active after about one year of membership!

Hopefully we will see more posts from you. :eek:k:

MikeOConnor

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks all -- y'all do a great job of making an old geezer feel welcome. :grouphug:

Sorry about lurking for so long... My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators