Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

New to Domaining and alot to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tchance

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Tammy and I’m new to very domaining.Since spring of this year I have bought 33 domains through godaddy. Some domain names were bought with intentions to develop into websites with the help of my son-in-law and the other domains were bought with intentions to learn the domaining hobby / business. As lucks goes my tech savvy son-in-law’s job required him to transfer out of state. So here I am with 33 domains and I’m trying to figure what route to take as far as turning them in to cash. I did list a few domains on godaddy for 8 days which was pretty easy to do but I didn’t pay the extras to have them featured or anything and they didn’t move.
I have some political and some tech/medical or science domains and was wondering if a certain niche sells better on certain auction site’s?
Hoping someone here can provide guidance as tothe best place or method to sell domains that is user friendly and simple, for I’m not very good with technology at this point but I’m willing to learn.
My goal is to hit the big one and paying off my mortgage. lol wish me luck. :lol:

Any advice would be a greatly appreciated.
Thanks Tammy

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum ;)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Tammy

Welcome to DNForum.com

I suggest you post your domains in the Appraisal section, if you'd like to get opinions about your names.

Good luck!

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and best of luck! Poke around, there's lots to learn here!

Tchance

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I posted my domain names in the appraisal section. Maybe I can figure out some kind of plan from any replies I get or at least get a sense of direction from any opinions.
Thanks again

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board! Stick around here and you'll get answer to all of those questions :)

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Tammy!

The most important thing by far is research. Most of the people who make money with domains work hard for a long time to learn how. Honestly, I suspect that the average person who does this as a hobby will lose money. So I'd advise going slowly with purchases until you have evidence that the domains you're buying can sell.

With patience, you can cultivate a strategy that works for you.

Tchance

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Tammy!

The most important thing by far is research. Most of the people who make money with domains work hard for a long time to learn how. Honestly, I suspect that the average person who does this as a hobby will lose money. So I'd advise going slowly with purchases until you have evidence that the domains you're buying can sell.

With patience, you can cultivate a strategy that works for you.

Thank you for that advice I believe patience is the key word for me. I believe I need to go back a few steps and learn to get around in the CMS my son-in-law had set up and was teaching me how to use to build a websites.
I guess I will try to work on the website we started and never finished. If I mess it up.... no major loss, I'll just have to start again.
Thanks agin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators