Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

New Way to Sell Domains that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedTruck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been monitoring clicks and impressions, changing ad copy, cpc, and pricing to see what happens. It's a lot of fun. Be even nicer if someone actually bought one of the damn things. At least it gives me something other than Adsense to watch during the day :)

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been monitoring clicks and impressions, changing ad copy, cpc, and pricing to see what happens. It's a lot of fun. Be even nicer if someone actually bought one of the damn things. At least it gives me something other than Adsense to watch during the day :)

Ditto to all that. So far today, I've gotten 37,000 impressions (only 1,000 through search, the rest through content sites); the 8 clicks have cost me $1.72. So, not much of a CTR, but it is entertaining to play with the settings and watch the numbers.

(I excluded MySpace from the content site list after seeing many thousands of impressions there; that doesn't strike me as fertile ground for selling domains.)

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried this out a year ago with a small handful of domains with no results. I had free credit on looksmart, burned about $50 to $100 of free money in a month or so and threw in the towel. One of the domains got quite a decent amount of hits but never any sale. best of luck to any one else though.

on the bright side i taught myself about ppc

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still having fun with this. After two and a half weeks, I've used up about half of my $45 AdWords credit. Stats so far: 275,000 views, 73 clicks, no sales. So if I had a day job, I wouldn't be quitting it quite yet. ;)

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My campaigns never started, and I never received the $250 credit.
Does anyone else have any voucher codes?

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So here's something puzzling about AdWords ...

When I started my 5 domain-advertising campaigns a few weeks ago, it only took about 15-50 cents for each of them to get onto the first results page. Those numbers have been steadily creeping upward, and I was adjusting my bids accordingly.

Now, almost all of them supposedly need a bid of $1.00 or more to get on the first page (and some are much higher)! Why do I get the feeling that Google is just playing me? (On a couple of those terms, there are one or ZERO ads on the results page - but they are telling me that my 40-cent bid isn't enough, it needs to be $1.00! Are they really turning down free money?)

Weird and suspicious behavior ....

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

When I started my 5 domain-advertising campaigns a few weeks ago, it only took about 15-50 cents for each of them to get onto the first results page. Those numbers have been steadily creeping upward, and I was adjusting my bids accordingly.

Now, almost all of them supposedly need a bid of $1.00 or more to get on the first page (and some are much higher)! Why do I get the feeling that Google is just playing me? (On a couple of those terms, there are one or ZERO ads on the results page - but they are telling me that my 40-cent bid isn't enough, it needs to be $1.00! Are they really turning down free money?)

Yep... this is what happened to me way back when I started. This prices just kept going up and up and up, never back down.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last month, I averaged about 10K views per day on my 5 campaigns. So far this month, more like 1K ... and I haven't changed my bids. Bad show, Google.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to put this experiment on hold. No sales to report so far, after nearly 400,000 impressions, 114 clicks, and about $38 in fees. May try again sometime ....

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

It's probably because of the quality score - the better the score, ie 10/10 for that keyword, the more chance of your ad showing near the top of the results; the lower the score, the higher the price you have to pay to compete. The score is worked out by relevancy for that particular keyword.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to put this experiment on hold. No sales to report so far, after nearly 400,000 impressions, 114 clicks, and about $38 in fees. May try again sometime ....

I hate to rub it in :eek: but I have been telling everyone for ages this method simply does not work but few seem to believe me. Long ago I spent vast amounts of time and money learning and implementing the techniques but it was a complete failure.

Doesn't it seem odd that the OP rarely chimes in this thread in support of the technique *if* it really works? Answer, it does *not* really work and I fail to understand how it ever worked for Namestrands?

Just a guess on my part but I am thnking it likely only by luck he may have sold some domains during his Adwords campaigns and he was thinking it was the result of this method when in fact it was likely attributable to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators