Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Nic Genie say no to WLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From nicgenie Mon, 2 Sep 2002 """"As most of you know, ICANN has given Verisign the green light to go ahead with its intended Waiting List Service proposal, WLS.

We here at NicGenie.com and Parava Networks strongly oppose the implementation of the WLS. We do not intend on keeping our hands crossed and let Verisign get away with this. The WLS is just another problem that shows that the real people in charge is not ICANN.

I personally wrote a letter to Louis Touton, chairman of ICANN regarding this decision and this was his response:

"While some consumers may prefer the WLS (since it provides a guarantee of being effective in obtaining a name if the name is deleted), other consumers may prefer Parava's product or those of others (since unlike the WLS they mostly require payment only if the name is actually deleted and successfully obtained). The choice should be up to the consumer."

He talks about consumers making a choice of service between NicGenie and WLS. WHAT CHOICE? If the WLS is implemented, the consumer will have no choice and will have to pay a Premium to try and get a name through the WLS. NicGenie and all the similar services will go out of business.

We will keep you informed on the outcome of the WLS.

Patricio Valdes
President
Parava Networks, Inc.""""

New Minimum Bid Raised to $50!

Starting September 5, 2002, the minimum bid at NicGenie.com will be raised to $50 from the current minimum of $20. We are one of the cheapest services out there and have had some of the best results in grabbing names in the market.

This increase will allow us to offer our customers a better service and put more emphasis on the better names than just the bulk of the names being deleted.

As always, thank you for your support.

NicGenie.com

:eek:

sign the www.antiwls.org now

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yay for Parava having a backbone, and standing up to the oppressive WLS regime.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well that's great and everything but where was NicGenie like 9 months ago when the WLS proposal first came out? That was the time to band together and squash the whole thing. Now that WLS has been approved, it is going to be a major upstream battle to stop it. It is always much easier to get things accomplished when you are "proactive" instead of "reactive". It also seemed like it took Dotster forever before they made any public reaction to WLS. Well now that I got that off my chest ... I wish you much success on stopping WLS and Verisign!

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree hosting3,

It looks like they are trying to make a cash grab now before WLS gets started (if it ever does). I guess I can't blame them for doing it though, if they think their customers will pay it.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anti-WLS protestant seems to be all over the internet - is there one particular site or something for it? If not we can make it :)

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Momentum,

You ask why this matter was not resolved earlier.

WLS was never seriously considered by anyone. The original
vote by ICANN members dissolved any hope of it ever going
through.

People assumed that WLS will not succeed, based on ICANNs
initial reaction to the proposal.

Perhaps this was all planned out by our friends at Verisign...

Luc L.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WOW nicgenie got physic.com, the bid was over 500 USD when I last checked.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stuff
WOW nicgenie got physic.com, the bid was over 500 USD when I last checked.

But now is the bid 1655.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom