Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NNN.in Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

tipsfromthetop

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You guys should register through Pratiks company www.resellers.co.in it is an instant registration so as soon as you click its yours.. it also comes up instant on the indian whois.

As someone mentioned earlier yes the chinese domain game is extremely risky quite a few people have had their domains taken from them.

also remember the .co.in guys which is India's official extension. The .in has mainly sold to portfolio holders and collectors the .co.in are bourght by indian business's believe me i have sold more .co.in than i have .in. One company i sold a LLL.co.in to in India refused the .in extension when i offered this to them also singerly or as a package they actually called it a gimick extension.

So just a headsup on the way the indian comunity thinks.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You guys should register through Pratiks company www.resellers.co.in it is an instant registration so as soon as you click its yours.. it also comes up instant on the indian whois.

As someone mentioned earlier yes the chinese domain game is extremely risky quite a few people have had their domains taken from them.

also remember the .co.in guys which is India's official extension. The .in has mainly sold to portfolio holders and collectors the .co.in are bourght by indian business's believe me i have sold more .co.in than i have .in. One company i sold a LLL.co.in to in India refused the .in extension when i offered this to them also singerly or as a package they actually called it a gimick extension.

So just a headsup on the way the indian comunity thinks.

that`s a news.....so you`re saying that indian people prefer the .co.in rather than just .in ?

I dislike the double extensions like the one for Australia too..... .com.au instead of just .au but here we don`t have a choice while for India is still a problem which one to choose.

tipsfromthetop

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ItalianDragon,

Double extensions have been around awhile look at the .co.uk i own and run 2 succesful business's a shipping company and an ISP in the uk and hardly any company wants the .com unless they do business outside the uk. They are all extremely happy with the .co.uk

India has had the .co.in for quite sometime.. they have a similar thought pattern. Then a new extension comes along and people say hey heres a new indian extension called .in its shorter. Yet indians already know what their extension is because all the major companys and lesser have registered thiers under the .co.in and spent a lot of money promoting etc not just on the web but on the side of thier trucks, letterheads etc etc you get the picture.

Its also like the airport control saying sorry you can not fly to India in one flight now we have to take you via 3 other countries and you will have to board 3 planes to get their. It will take time but people will get used to the idea of the 3 stops instead of 1 like the .in over the .co.in but in time it will be accepted by india as much as its brother the .co.in yet TIME is the key and i do not see this really happening for at least another 2 or 3 years.

the LLL and NNN though different story in .in and the gimmick registrations like come.in stop.in etc these will sell to collectors all the time.

checkout my .co.in and .in you can see where i can i have registered both.. www.domainsearch.co.in just incase companies or inviduals have asked for both.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ItalianDragon,

Double extensions have been around awhile look at the .co.uk i own and run 2 succesful business's a shipping company and an ISP in the uk and hardly any company wants the .com unless they do business outside the uk. They are all extremely happy with the .co.uk

India has had the .co.in for quite sometime.. they have a similar thought pattern. Then a new extension comes along and people say hey heres a new indian extension called .in its shorter. Yet indians already know what their extension is because all the major companys and lesser have registered thiers under the .co.in and spent a lot of money promoting etc not just on the web but on the side of thier trucks, letterheads etc etc you get the picture.

Its also like the airport control saying sorry you can not fly to India in one flight now we have to take you via 3 other countries and you will have to board 3 planes to get their. It will take time but people will get used to the idea of the 3 stops instead of 1 like the .in over the .co.in but in time it will be accepted by india as much as its brother the .co.in yet TIME is the key and i do not see this really happening for at least another 2 or 3 years.

the LLL and NNN though different story in .in and the gimmick registrations like come.in stop.in etc these will sell to collectors all the time.

checkout my .co.in and .in you can see where i can i have registered both.. www.domainsearch.co.in just incase companies or inviduals have asked for both.

Thanks Steve, so you think it will take time but they will accept .in

I think that eventually the registry will eliminate .co.in to promote .in

.co.uk does not have a competitor so we can`t compare. Still eventually, one day each ccTLD will be just like .uk, .in, .it, .au and so on......hopefully.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, so you think it will take time but they will accept .in

I think that eventually the registry will eliminate .co.in to promote .in

.co.uk does not have a competitor so we can`t compare. Still eventually, one day each ccTLD will be just like .uk, .in, .it, .au and so on......hopefully.

I see little reason for the Indian domain registry to phase out .co.in to promote .in - that would be financially unsound to begin with and would p'off the .co.in users that dominate the Indian market.

Cut out a well established extension in place of one that is perceived by outsiders to be "prettier" - I think not.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exactly Wot.. they will never kill off the .co.in why should they kill off market.. Its not ethically business sound for a start.

I understand that but then how much confusion there will be between each same name having 2 extensions in the same country?

Every company will still be forced to buy both of them.At that time they won`t hurt anyone taking out .co.in
They made the mistake to do not convert the existing .co.in towards .in and now it`s a mess.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand that but then how much confusion there will be between each same name having 2 extensions in the same country?

Every company will still be forced to buy both of them.At that time they won`t hurt anyone taking out .co.in
They made the mistake to do not convert the existing .co.in towards .in and now it`s a mess.

The large amount of traffic (and income) I get from my .co.in names compared to the trickle I get from .in indicates to me where the votes are being cast.

But no reason why they can't live together, albeit the little brother .in in the shadow of the big bruv .co.in - certainly for the foreseeable future.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Wot, thanks for the info, could you please bring on the board a few concrete example of your traffic stats?
That would help me a lot to understand better.
Also would be very useful to know where the traffic come from.......from local indians or from overseas?

Thanks!

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
180.in I got in drop.. any appirsal?

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say high XX to low XXX at this time.

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone selling any NNN.in ? How much?

I have sold a few 0nn.in for $30-45 which certainly should prove to be excellent investments for the buyers.
I think premium numbers should sell for $xxx to low $xxxx as the Indian economy continues to fluorish with rapid growth of internet useage.
Anyone?

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone selling any NNN.in ? How much?

I have sold a few 0nn.in for $30-45 which certainly should prove to be excellent investments for the buyers.
I think premium numbers should sell for $xxx to low $xxxx as the Indian economy continues to fluorish with rapid growth of internet useage.
Anyone?

Explain "premium" numbers? Thanks ...

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
'Premium' Numbers:

"The quality of the Number composition can play a significant role in determining 3-number valuations. General concensus states that the numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 are considered premium numbers. Other lesser high quality numbers include:4 and 6. Lower quality numbers include the number 0. 3-Number Domains selling for less than the above figures would represent a strong buy in today's market. Premium number only domains tend to fetch a 300% to 400% premium (or more) over the Minimum Wholesale Price. Mixed number quality domains have valuations somewhere in the middle of these two extremes."

Reference: www.3character.com

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With the recent 'craze' of LLL.in buying and the fact that all should be bought in the next few days (? weeks) the value of NNN.in will certainly increase.

NNN.in are much more RARE then LLL.in (1000/17,576 = 5.7 %) and NNN.in are valuable in the growing trade with China.

Good luck to all NNN.in holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom