• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

NNN vs. LLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
It baffles me that LLL.nets are more valuable than NNN.nets. There are only 1000 NNN.net combinations while there are 17,576 possible LLL.net combinations. If you add numbers to the mix (1KL.net) the number goes to 45,656.

Any given LLL.net will sell for $800-$1k. Any NNN.net will sell for $800-$1k. Shouldnt the value of NNN.net be significantly higher than LLL.net?
 
Actually not *any* given LLL .net will sell for $800 - $1k. It all depends on letter quality or acronym use in the "real world". Some will go for less, some will go for a lot more. I've sold one LLL .net for $11k.

NNN .net's have indeed 1,000 combinations only (000-999), versus the 26^3 letter combinations. This gives LLL .net domains an advantage of a larger potential market. Also not all numbers are desirable; in the Chinese numerology, "4" stands for "death".
 
Chinese domainers make up only a small market of domain name buyers. I feel that numbers will always stand for something while LLL's wont. Its all about supply and demand. Just because there is a bigger market for LLL.net it doesnt mean that they are more valuable. Hmm.
 
Actually not *any* given LLL .net will sell for $800 - $1k. It all depends on letter quality or acronym use in the "real world". Some will go for less, some will go for a lot more. I've sold one LLL .net for $11k.

NNN .net's have indeed 1,000 combinations only (000-999), versus the 26^3 letter combinations. This gives LLL .net domains an advantage of a larger potential market. Also not all numbers are desirable; in the Chinese numerology, "4" stands for "death".

good stuff
 
It baffles me that LLL.nets are more valuable than NNN.nets.

Just because there is a bigger market for LLL.net it doesnt mean that they are more valuable

so which is it ?
 
lol. i dont know.

I've never seen an LLL.net sell for less than $600.
 
LLL.net have more value because the letters can be acronyms for actual businesses are services.

this has been true for LLL.com , LLL.org and LLL.info as well
 
I've seen a lot of LLL .net's floating around currently in a selling pandemonium. My advice is: hold.

In the early post - "9-11" era with the economy being in the pits, LLL .com's sold for under a grand here. I didn't have much foresight then. Not only did I not buy LLL .com domains that were selling for $600 to $900 but instead, I sold for a *small* profit the ones I had. The lowest ever I've paid for a LLL .com was $155 on eBay sometime in 2002 or 2003. Let me re-type that: $155.00

I bought a lot of LLL .net's in the aftermarket for $xx. I've sold a lot of them early on and I'm currently holding onto my inventory.
 
i wish i was doing this at that time ...
 
Rarity doesn't always mean more money.
A 2007 "1 out of a possible 3" baseball card might not be as valuable as a 1986 Jordan rookie, which there are hundreds or thousands of.
 
Thanks for the input guys..just something I was thinking about.
 
Just give it some time. Two years ago "average" LLL.com's were selling for twice the cost of regular NNN.com's, now it's the other way around and the separation continues to grow (maybe right up to match the 17 to 1 scarcity ratio?). The same should happen with the .net's.
 
The only real advantage numeric domains have is the lack of trademark protection of numbers.
 
Who can tell me what's better? Honda or Toyota? :lol: :lol:
 
I still remember the old times when LLL .com are selling for less than $200 on eBay. Did you know back then HHH.com was sold for around $250 on eBay? Those were good times.

I've seen a lot of LLL .net's floating around currently in a selling pandemonium. My advice is: hold.

In the early post - "9-11" era with the economy being in the pits, LLL .com's sold for under a grand here. I didn't have much foresight then. Not only did I not buy LLL .com domains that were selling for $600 to $900 but instead, I sold for a *small* profit the ones I had. The lowest ever I've paid for a LLL .com was $155 on eBay sometime in 2002 or 2003. Let me re-type that: $155.00

I bought a lot of LLL .net's in the aftermarket for $xx. I've sold a lot of them early on and I'm currently holding onto my inventory.

Who can tell me what's better? Honda or Toyota? :lol: :lol:

I like both of them, but I prefer a M-B.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom