• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Offers No .XXX domains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
It was announced today that there will be no .xxx domain name extension.
 
Where was this news from godfrey... I honestly think that that is a bad move... I was really looking forward and assuming the .xxx was around the corner... stinks
 
I'm glad to hear that, what would have happened to all the .com people who had quality sex domains. They would have to be given the xxx to be fair.
 
demo said:
I'm glad to hear that, what would have happened to all the .com people who had quality sex domains. They would have to be given the xxx to be fair.
but not all that have a .com are the most popular, what if the sexdomain.org was more popular then the .com? which would have got it, the .com or .org? *case in point, see these ovt numbers:

186841 pu**y.org (developed)
59607 pu**y.com (parked)
 
good point mr.deleted... i didn't think of that...

all the domains would have to be moved to xxx and there would have been lots of conflicts...
 
If start using .xxx domains i supouse that they will have less valuable for example for: will be so easy to filter the .xxx in any proxy or application and search engines too !(they will be filtered for sure in many places) loosing much traffic.
 
All the adult community is sending emails to icann saying NO to .xxx

Just about sex.com/net/org/biz/info/es/fr/de/us/dk ...
who will get sex.xxx
will the other have to close their sites?
I'm not in the USA, and if a have an adult domain with a .es, i don't have any obligation to get the .xxx

So, it's useless

Let's develop a good filtering software and/or tagging system for adult sites, for example.
 
Odd that the sex industry is fighting a sex extension. IMHO that proves it's something we need. I think they fear losing their younger audience to proxies and such. The xxx would be great for the web.
 
labrocca said:
Odd that the sex industry is fighting a sex extension. IMHO that proves it's something we need. I think they fear losing their younger audience to proxies and such. The xxx would be great for the web.

You obiviously know absolutely nothing about the adult industry. The vast majority of the adult industry wants nothing to do with any individual under 18. Why in the hell would you want any one under 18 on your adult site? Regardless of your morals/values they don't have credit cards they can't buy anything. Besides that having people under 18 on your site is a great way to get shut down. Most companies individuals already mark all their content with appropriate tags so that any web browser, software, search engines can easily identify it as adult content.

And BTW .xxx had many conservative critics opposed to it because they were worried it would legitimize porn online. There was very little if any support for .xxx ever.

.xxx is a terrible idea and I'm very happy this was finally shot down.
 
.xxx was only an excuse to charge 60$ for a domain name and make a huge business, but think about the conflicts that would cause, think about sex.xxx, who will have the right to own it? how many owners of sex.-- will have to close their site?

Also, i'm not from usa, i will not close my sites using domains different than .xxx

as i said in a previous message, creating a ghetto is not the way to "protect" children.

I've been using the internet for 12 years, and always there was free porn in the net, if you give your children free access to internet, you are giving them access to free porn (i'm not giving them porn, you are giving them access to porn), parents are responsible of whatever they provide to their children, if they don't want their childrens to view porn.

A- Don't give them access to internet
B- Give them filtered access
 
You obiviously know absolutely nothing about the adult industry. The vast majority of the adult industry wants nothing to do with any individual under 18. Why in the hell would you want any one under 18 on your adult site? Regardless of your morals/values they don't have credit cards they can't buy anything. Besides that having people under 18 on your site is a great way to get shut down. Most companies individuals already mark all their content with appropriate tags so that any web browser, software, search engines can easily identify it as adult content.

These are some pretty broad and general statements to call someone out with.
People under 18 have no credit cards and can't buy anything? People who don't buy anything are of no value to a domainer?
I will flat out gaurantee you that there is a lot of under 18 traffic on porn sites and it is of value to the domain owners.
 
Duckinla said:
These are some pretty broad and general statements to call someone out with.
People under 18 have no credit cards and can't buy anything? People who don't buy anything are of no value to a domainer?
I will flat out gaurantee you that there is a lot of under 18 traffic on porn sites and it is of value to the domain owners.

Do you own any major adult sites?

I'm calling him out as you put it because I think it is a pretty general and offensive statement to say that adult webmasters try to push porn to kids. I don't doubt there is under 18 traffic I know that, it can't be prevented %100 but most site owners take steps to help stop minors from accessing adult material. What I said was the majority of adult webmasters/professionals do not want that traffic. Besides putting you at risk to be shut down or worse, having people under 18 does little for your site besides hog resources. Unless of course you are the low life type of webmaster that tries to exploit such traffic.

Not sure where to start with this statement "I will flat out gaurantee you that there is a lot of under 18 traffic on porn sites and it is of value to the domain owners."

If you are an adult webmaster going after under 18 traffic you will find yourself in a lot of trouble before long, that I will guarantee.

elmister said:
.xxx was only an excuse to charge 60$ for a domain name and make a huge business, but think about the conflicts that would cause, think about sex.xxx, who will have the right to own it? how many owners of sex.-- will have to close their site?

Also, i'm not from usa, i will not close my sites using domains different than .xxx

as i said in a previous message, creating a ghetto is not the way to "protect" children.

I've been using the internet for 12 years, and always there was free porn in the net, if you give your children free access to internet, you are giving them access to free porn (i'm not giving them porn, you are giving them access to porn), parents are responsible of whatever they provide to their children, if they don't want their childrens to view porn.

A- Don't give them access to internet
B- Give them filtered access


Well put.
 
Source: http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-10may06.htm

.xxx is Sponsored Top Level Domain (sTLD).
It means that ICANN creat MONOPOLY for ONE private firm called http://www.icmregistry.com/

I don't know how many .com registration in wholesale statistic of .com sales is, but every body knows that sell of .com domains was few (in not dozen) times less in prehistoric time when .com cost 35$/year.

Making .xxx about 60$ it's only kill some % of .com sales and there will be no obligation to use adult content in ccTLD as few person in that topic mentioned. Results - it will hit in US webmasters/registrars/companies.

I think that opinion that it will protect children against porn was only markeing fog of sponsors of that project. That's all folks.

If nobody knows what is going on, it means that it's about money.
 
I'm glad that there will no .xxx extension. I wouldn't have moved my sites to it. Nothing they could do to make me either. Moot point now anyways. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom