Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Now What?

wburke415

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am brand new to domaining, and I am a little overwhelmed with the abundance of information laying around.
I have about 30 domain names so far that I registered with name.com and have parked and listed at sedo.com. I'm currently waiting for name.com to accept my request to use sedoMLS premium. I have a couple questions to hopefully get me doing what I need to do.

What reading material would you suggest I read before investing further? (link on beginners page doesn't work)

Do you register most of your domains yourself?

What could I be doing to more actively sell my domains?

Which domain registrars do you use?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am brand new to domaining, and I am a little overwhelmed with the abundance of information laying around.
I have about 30 domain names so far that I registered with name.com and have parked and listed at sedo.com. I'm currently waiting for name.com to accept my request to use sedoMLS premium. I have a couple questions to hopefully get me doing what I need to do.
Hi

What reading material would you suggest I read before investing further? (link on beginners page doesn't work)
I suggest you don't invest anymore money, until you've read-thru at least 5 + years of the "Domains for Sale and Domains Wanted" threads.

Do you register most of your domains yourself?
who else is going to register them for me?

Post them on the forum for sale

Which domain registrars do you use
Currently, enom/moniker/fabulous/eurodns/dynadot/and sometimes gobaddly

Good Luck!

imo...

Domain Author

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Welcome to DNForum!!
I think the best place for you to start is by reading the threads under the "Domain Beginners and Newbies" section of the forum. You will gain a lot of insight about how the industry works.
Thereafter, you need to witness what has sold in the past years, what has sold recently and at what prices and also, what people are willing to buy.
Biggie has given a very useful advice. Read the threads that he has suggested. Read all that you can, as a newbie, understand the market and then move further.
Before that, do not invest any money in the domain names. A big part of domain flipping is knowing how to sell.

Do you register all domains yourself??
If you mean hand-registration by that, then yes, I do go for hand registrations besides acquiring expired domains.

Read a lot, acquire the required knowledge and then go for flipping it. Unless you know how to sell, it is very difficult to survive in this industry. Therefore, my sincere advice would be to read all about finding end-user, how to contact them, etc. Also, you may go for flipping it on the forum. You may post your names for sale.

Which domain registrars do you use?
I prefer GoDaddy for my domains.

wburke415

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you! I really like the forum so far, and everyone here seems great.

I have been reading a lot of the beginner stuff and through some of the domains listed for sale, and I will continue to do so. I just recently learned that I have to hold on to the domains for 60 days before I can sell them, so I will spend that time reading, and learning as much as I can about how this business works.

Thanks for your helpful response and for being so welcoming!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom