Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Old parking companies

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who remembers names of some of the old parking companies?

I was just thinking of GoldKey.com, and typed it in. Turns out it is now another site about security I believe

Here is the Archive from 2005 https://web.archive.org/web/20050713015704/http://goldkey.com/

Goldkey.com is the industry standard for domain name monetization services. We offer a wide variety of tools and services to help you achieve domain name success! Goldkey.com's reporting, custom templates, and higher payouts will enable you to earn more from your domain name portfolio! Join our team of professionals today @ GoldKey.com!

This was one of my favorites at one time.

Parked.com is, well, parked, without anything on it. They still seem to have WhyPark, but Parked does not even have any links on it.

Last edited:

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ya, sorry whypark now forwards to the domainapps site, but Parked just has some text and the email address to contact them since January 2012. 3 years of leaving it sit there. I think I read that they were being sued? I forget. But still, why not redirect the domain to domainapps if they do so for whypark?

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many fly by night players. Thanks for the memories.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some are still around after all these years, but may not pay out much anymore. I have recently started using my VooDoo account for one name, and doing well for that one name, better than the adsense site had been doing.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bodis (my business) has been in the running for over 8 years (since 2007).

We've recently bought the TrafficZ brand/domain as well. They've been around for quite some time.

There was ParkingPanel and RevenueDirect at one time of which both sold to Sedo. :)

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do remember all those. I had a Parking Panel tshirt from Traffic one year. I wore it for a video I made while donating my hair to charity in 2010. Skenzo is still running too. Nice to see Bodis is still around.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parkingsite too.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trafficz was part of moniker or they both had the same parent company up until recently.-
i remember cuz they used the terrible yahoo feed and no one made any money there. like the old parked that's now domain apps.

Last edited:

hunnam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Back in the day I used a fair few, TrafficZ brings the most memories as it seemed like I was checking it a lot more than the others due to the Yahoo feed.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainoid: TrafficZ was part of Thought Convergence, INC (the ones that own a stake in DomainTools, Agreed Escrow for a while, as well as the organizers of the Domain Roundtable conference back in the day).

Before Bodis, I used to have an account at most of these places, including TrafficZ. Those were good old days. :) It's hard to believe it's been nearly a decade.

ebess

Domain Diva
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was going to say Fabulous because it's been eons since I've used them, but I just checked and they're still there! Anyone still using them? How well they're monetizing now compared to, say, Bodis or Voodoo?

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
everyone knows fabulous is great as a registrar if you got member pricing but i don't hear much about their parking anymore. i used to, that if they accepted you as a client for parking (it is very tough to get in) folks did very well there.
now i hear the new dns/(domain name sales) has the best ppc.

ebess

Domain Diva
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
everyone knows fabulous is great as a registrar if you got member pricing but i don't hear much about their parking anymore. i used to, that if they accepted you as a client for parking (it is very tough to get in) folks did very well there.
now i hear the new dns/(domain name sales) has the best ppc.
Thanks for that update, domainoid! I had to take a few years off of the computer due to spinal injury, but I have been domaining since 1996. Now that I'm back at it, I've been trying to figure out where to move my parked domains as I've been unhappy with their performance of late.

Currently have my mainstream at Skenzo and adult at Domain Power; on the NamePros forum the consensus seemed to be that Bodis and/or Voodoo was the way to go, but I don't know if that's because Bodis owns NamePros. So I came back here to find out what the real deal actually is with parking these days.

I used to use Fabulous for parking either in the late 90s, early 2000s. I wonder if my account is still active... I had moved my domains (mainstream and adult) over to Skenzo in either 2005 or 2006 and immediately was earning 3x what I got at Fabulous (which, btw, was always way better than Sedo parking - don't know if that's changed, but it used to be awful). Then Skenzo started to suck for adult, so I pointed them to XPays where they did well for several years. Xpays was not really a parking company -- they were partnered with some upstream provider of adult content, but they eventually had serious problems with that provider and pretty much fell apart, so I relocated them to Domain Power.

I'll have to do some split testing, I guess. Hopefully I'll be able to see early on where they"ll do best now.

Jen-Sin

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone uses the quick content development of domains in DomainApps?

Not many talk about DomainApps and there isn't much update on the site but the concept is interesting. Do their content domains get indexed and ranked in search engines, given all the latest Search Engine updates? And if indexed and ranked, does that translate to higher traffic and result in better monetization?

I must say they need a refresh in their design and templates as they look kinda outdated, and to make them mobile friendly too.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone uses the quick content development of domains in DomainApps?

Not many talk about DomainApps and there isn't much update on the site but the concept is interesting. Do their content domains get indexed and ranked in search engines, given all the latest Search Engine updates? And if indexed and ranked, does that translate to higher traffic and result in better monetization?

I must say they need a refresh in their design and templates as they look kinda outdated, and to make them mobile friendly too.

I used to, but it has not been earning anything there.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators