Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

One word foreign language .com domains. Worth anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygerwoody

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One word foreign language .com domains. Worth anything?

Spanish domain names are obviously worth something. But what about something like Portuguese? What about non-noun words, such as the portugese word for "happy" . I don't know what the Portuguese word for happy is, but I can't think of anyone who would want to buy it anyway.

Does anyone here has experience buying and selling foreign language words? Keep in mind, I am not talking about any IDN names with funky characters. Only letters used on a standard US English keyboard. What languages are good and what ones should I stay away from? Should I stick with generic noun words only?

Thanks

Domain Summit 2024

tkstark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lotta people have have way more experience, so listen to them not me, but i registered a lot of german, spanish, french and italian premium keyword dot coms. in retrospect, i don't want to own names in languages i'm not fluid in. i can't develop them into sites and i can't strenously market them to native language speakers the way i could if they were english names. i can write letters, but how do i know the people i'm writing to in france or italy or wherever read english? now my names are coming up for renewal and it pains me to let them drop.

in the past year-and-a-half, i've sold two non-english names, both french and both for low-three figures (one was a .net, the other a .info). but i've got dozens of other, better names that i'm sure would sell well if they were .de or .fr. but they're .coms and .nets and they're just parked and languishing.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
happy in portuguese would be feliz (feliz.com 1999, feliz.net 1998). I would buy some good one word foreign language domains, PM me anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com